[SOLD] Chane TIA-300 10" ported subwoofer (essentially Snell Basis 300 in different cabinet)

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
I'm likely relocating in a few months, so I want to narrow down my audio gear a bit.

To start, I'm selling a lightly used Chane TIA-300 subwoofer. Asking $275 + shipping. Local pickup in Pittsburgh area (with common sense regarding masks and distancing).

I'm the original owner, and have had it since Oct/Nov 2020. It's in very good shape and fully functioning, although there is a small chip in the paint on the top front left cabinet corner (I'll add pics). I have the grill, power cord, and packaging. The sub does not come with feet (but includes threaded inserts).

This is essentially the Snell Basis 300 (same driver, amp) in a satin black painted MDF cabinet.

TAI-300
15" cube, 300 watts, 45 pounds. 10" long-throw driver with cast aluminum chassis.
Some additional info here (note I'm selling the TIA-300, not the TIA-190 Chane is still selling): https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/tai-10.html

In the interest of full disclosure: I swapped in to this sub the amplifier from the 1st TIA-300 I received (1st sub functioned perfectly fine but had a dinged cabinet corner). I did this because the while the 2nd amplifier was fully functional, the volume/gain on the 2nd amp was higher than it should have been with the volume knob set low, and the amp gain jumped very quickly even with slight volume knob adjustment. The amplifier from the 1st sub did not have this gain issue, so I swapped the amp into the new cabinet.

So this TIA-300 that I am selling has the undamaged cabinet (with the cosmetic issue only - tiny chip in the black paint as mentioned) and has the amplifier with normal functioning volume/gain control.

I do still have the first sub the dinged corner and now with the amp with the volume gain issue. If anyone local buys this sub at my asking price, they can have the second sub for free. That means you'd have a backup 10" driver and backup amp (Again, this amp is functional but has an issue with gain/volume. I suspect this may be due to the volume pot itself, which is easily removed as it plugs into pins on the amplifier board and is not soldered to it permanently). Or you could run dual subs if you don't mind the aesthetic issue with the 2nd cabinet, and you have the patience to find tune the 2nd amp's volume/gain setting.

PM for a shipping quote or with questions. I'll get some picks up soon.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis