CES 2005 Coverage OFFICIAL THREAD

CES 2005 Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas
January 6-9, 2005

CES promises to be the largest ever this year with new product announcements from almost everyone. We'll have ample coverage LIVE from the show floor and will also be releasing plenty of product information that we have embargoed until the first day of the show (and some of it is goooood).

Our extensive coverage will also be featured on our Home Theater Alliance partner websites: Home Theater Forum, AudioREVIEW, and AV Forums in the UK.

Visit our dedicated CES pages (unveiled on 12:01am EST the first day of the show.)

We'll be checking this thread before, during, and after the show to get your feedback - so speak up if you want to have us check something out.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief

Hi
Yes of course I have a very important job at CES this year
I will be reviewing what adult beverage's are compatible with the latest
Home Theater Gear I am guessing by late afternoon my reviews will be like
all the big HT magazines I will like them all :D

G

groov'

Enthusiast
dino oil

Wow, those cables must be miraculous and not at all overdone. Break-in time is much too short IMHO. You could add other break-in manners as well to be absolutely sure. Like - after freezing ant thawing - letting them burn a while in the fireplace on a cosy night, so that they are better fit for hot latin music, love songs and hot jazz.

However don't forget to freeze them all over again before you return to cool jazz or christmas carols.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Bwaahaaa

I can't wait until someone takes this seriously! You should have included a price. Considering the materials and workmanship, and of course all the research that went into making these cables, I'm thinking around $550 a meter?

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I'm Sold!

WOW!!! I need a set of those!!! Now can one expand on the freezing method and say...cook them in the oven after freezing them, or boil them in 100% pure virgin olive oil? That sounds like the ticket to me...or even a faster way to "burn" them in would be to run 220V through them, that should burn them in no time!!! :D

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
I prefer the creamy vanilla midrange of my active monitors to the thick 'n' chocolatey offering of GLOB, but I'll be sure to pass the info on to my cocoa-loving friends!

(Now if you can get some peanut buttery bass mixed in with your chocolate mid-range goodness, I'd gladly pay any price.)

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
cable "debut" is hilarious

Wow, the best new product I have seen-What makes this so funny is that it could easily be part of a "real" cable advertisement-Well Done Gene and crew!!!!!!!! :D

Beegowl

Beegowl

Junior Audioholic
GLOB Technology Rumors

Not only do GLOB technology based cables provide a food based aural experience, they have begun to rival Wilhelm Reich's Orgone Generator. Rumors in the medical community have it that GLOB technology based cables held closely to the affected area of the body can actually produce healing in as little as 30 days.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Wow !! Are you guys gonna offer a matching automated mechanical break-in device that performs flexing at millimeter-precise intervals to ensure proper GLOB (TM) distribution ??

I'll also bet these cables are so special that only one length works properly, so everyone will have to move their speakers to fit the cables... :eek:

This is SO COOL I'm gonna go find all my disco records !!!

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
I want an Audi A6 biturbo in the same color of that cable. Amazing!.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Gene,

I'm just finishing your cables, but now there will be a slight delay, I need to add glow sticks somewhere. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What are you guys going to do for April Fools Day, now that you've blown your wad already? Run a sale? Advertise on Audiogon? Perhaps provide upgrades such as true cryogenic treatment. No, wait, I know... announce matching IEC power cords and cryogenically-treated electrical outlets. You can call them "Globlets".

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm holding out for oxygen free GLOB cables. I expect them to be announced early in April.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
On a serious note

Very interested in the technology and sound quality of the new Phase Tech speaker set-up.

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
I love it! One of the best "put ons" I've seen in years.

I'll take 1000' of cable and 500 connectors!

C

corentin

Audiophyte
Could you please drop by the klipsch and denon booths? :p i m dying to see pictures and have more infos about the upcoming klipsch reference premiere series as well as denon high-end separates...Please pretty please :D

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Blue

No mention of how the Blue covers help speed the electrons around the copper super wire. :eek:

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Those are some real pretty cables. I am sure the WAF will be pleased with vivid blue color that is sure to match the carpet and upholstery. Will these cables be available at Snooty Audio Sales any time soon, or will they strickly be sold through the internet?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Here, let me post my credit card number right here on the forum, that way you can go ahead and bill me and get those cables sent via Next Day Air.

The number is:
4999-444-555-6666

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis