mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Monitor Audio RSLCR Black
Monitor Audio RSLCR Walnut
-immediately available
-invisible grill pegs
-easy warranty, and delivered in perfect condition
-known sound (i've demoed the rs series)

AV123 X-CS Encore Center Palisander Natural Satin
-nicer finish
-bigger enclosure
-bigger woofers
-metallic grill

all the same price to me.

pic of black RSLCR

pic of walnut RSLCR

pic of Palisander Natural Satin bookshelf (color I want)

pic of rosa satin center (not the color i want)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Aesthetically speaking speaking, I'll take the AVS. Is that real rosewood (palisander?)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Aesthetically speaking speaking, I'll take the AVS. Is that real rosewood (palisander?)
they say its "real wood veneer"

The x-cs encore features a 3/4" MDF cabinet wrapped in a gorgeous real wood veneer or beautifully finished in a silky-smooth satin black . Housed in this cabinet are EIGHT braces. You have likely never seen a speaker at this price with eight cabinet braces (these control cabinet resonances).
http://av123.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=174&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

if i was in charge of finances, i'd have ordered the av123 already ... but the wife is saying that any warranty work would pretty much screw me ... she says i should go for the "tested" MA's.

but i just remembered a more important PRO for av123. the mains im considering from MA (PL100) have metal grills too.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
this speaker color

with this grill

with this center channel (not this color)

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
and I'd take the walnut Monitor Audio...just down to personal preference I guess. I don't care for the palisander "color" though. AVS speaker looks a little more "heavy-duty" though, like it could play louder/lower without straining as much. The MA speaker looks more like a lightweight "pretty-boy" next to it...

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Why is this in the Steam Vent instead of the speaker forum?:confused:
The only center that ever makes sense is one that tonally matches the mains, which is only going to happen by sticking to the same manufacturer. (Probably even the same line.)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
and I'd take the walnut Monitor Audio...just down to personal preference I guess. I don't care for the palisander "color" though. AVS speaker looks a little more "heavy-duty" though, like it could play louder/lower without straining as much. The MA speaker looks more like a lightweight "pretty-boy" next to it...
thanks for the input

Why is this in the Steam Vent instead of the speaker forum?:confused:
The only center that ever makes sense is one that tonally matches the mains, which is only going to happen by sticking to the same manufacturer. (Probably even the same line.)
i will never afford the center channel of the platinum series ... and if i do listen to music, it will be 2.0. i'll only use the center for tv, some movies (that dont require my HT) ...

it's in the steam vent because i didn't want to clutter the speakers forum with my nonsense :)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I thought for timbre ...

the center needs to match the fronts in vendor and similar speaker size.What fronts do you have? I like the looks best of the rose satin and second walnut AV123. Do you have furniture to match it with ?

===

On my system I have chosen to go with a black CLR to match the fronts.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the center needs to match the fronts in vendor and similar speaker size.What fronts do you have? I like the looks best of the rose satin and second walnut AV123. Do you have furniture to match it with ?

===

On my system I have chosen to go with a black CLR to match the fronts.
my current mains are KEF Q1's ... but one day when I win the lottery, i will change those with the MA PL's pictured above.

my furniture is wenge (super dark brown)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The Monitor Audio is more Balloure.

I only roll with things that are Balloure.

SheepStar

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
English is not my natural language. Balloure? Is that even a word? Slang?

Anyway, I prefer the RS series. They look good and I like their sound. Does this make me Ballourish?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis