E

exodus

Enthusiast
HI guys, Ihave a B&W center the HTM61 and it sounds great. MYonly problem is that vocals especialy female are produced with a little sibiliance and that sometimes bothers me. MY AVR has equilization for every channel.SO please can someone help me to tame this problem? THANKS.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
HI guys, Ihave a B&W center the HTM61 and it sounds great. MYonly problem is that vocals especialy female are produced with a little sibiliance and that sometimes bothers me. MY AVR has equilization for every channel.SO please can someone help me to tame this problem? THANKS.
The sibilance range is 4 KHz to 6 KHz. So you can try turning that range down 2 to 3 db. However you may not have a lot of success. Peaks are associated with retained energy which does not respond well to equalization. The decision choice was to have one driver handle the speech discrimination band, 400 Hz to 4Khz. The problem is the kevlar mid is getting into the break up range by 4 KHz. In addition it is an aluminum tweeter. These always get to the break up range in the audio band just. If your hearing is still acute, it tends to make them spit at you.

I have to say I'm not over fond of the B & W 600 range. What you have reported is par for the course.

E

exodus

Enthusiast
Thanks guy for the infofmation. Iwould realy try and hope to have success.More comments on this issue are welcome.

E

exodus

Enthusiast
I just did what you recommended GUY and it realy worked, although the sibilance was not completly eliminated it realy did get better. THANKS GUY.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis