F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to build my system, slowly but surely. Everything I've research shows the center channel speaker to match my Polk audio monitor 70ii front speakers is the Polk cs2 center. I can't find this anywhere! Do they still make it? Is there a replacement for this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
I'm trying to build my system, slowly but surely. Everything I've research shows the center channel speaker to match my Polk audio monitor 70ii front speakers is the Polk cs2 center. I can't find this anywhere! Do they still make it? Is there a replacement for this?

I second what Joe said. The CS10 should match pretty well. The CS2 had bigger woofers (6.5”) than the CS10 (5.25”) but that should make THAT big of a difference. The CS20 might even be a better match because it’s basically the CS2 with a slightly different cabinet. It has the same size woofers as your towers.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
The cs20 is literally the same tweeter and voicing as the cs2. I'd definitely recommend it over the 10 for the improved dynamic range.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
So I emailed Polk with this question because the cs10 I found but the cs20 was proving to be problematic. Here is there response to the same question I posed to all of you. What do you all think?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Well there ya go! I imagine the manufacturer would be best qualified to answer. Not a bad price either.

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
Im about to pull the trigger on this, but, I will be putting it inside a shelf (I know, the big no no for speakers! ). I see it has a port firing up in the rear, would putting it inside of a box, with an open front, ruin the purpose of this? See attached pic, the center channel will go where the denon avr is, the avr will move to the right. right.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
As long as you have the speaker out to the front of the shelf, that should still give you several inches behind the speaker for the port...............which should not be a problem.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Im about to pull the trigger on this, but, I will be putting it inside a shelf (I know, the big no no for speakers! ). I see it has a port firing up in the rear, would putting it inside of a box, with an open front, ruin the purpose of this? See attached pic, the center channel will go where the denon avr is, the avr will move to the right. right.

Off topic, but what R/Cs do you have?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would rather see you put a riser under the tv and put the CC in front of that.

That would also keep the cc more in line(horizontally) with the mains and be more cohesive.

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
I would rather see you put a riser under the tv and put the CC in front of that.

That would also keep the cc more in line(horizontally) with the mains and be more cohesive.
You and me both brother, unfortunately I have that pesky wife approval factor. While I can get away with a lot of stuff, furniture (rugs, wall hangings and such) I have no say in. I'll start looking for TV risers but she can be very particular. I had to mount my temp center speaker when she wasn't home.

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
Off topic, but what R/Cs do you have?
Since you opened pandoras box, I have a few. From crawlers to monster trucks, traxxas, tekno and axial. Do you partake in that hobby?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Since you opened pandoras box, I have a few. From crawlers to monster trucks, traxxas, tekno and axial. Do you partake in that hobby?

I used to. I still have a couple though. I kept my Durango DEX410 and Tekno EB48. At one point I had a B4.2 FT kit, Kyosho MP9, Tekno SCT410, SC10 4x4, B44. I even got my wife into it with a Losi SCTE.

Our local track shut down and I’ve been too lazy to drive 80 miles to race.

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
I used to. I still have a couple though. I kept my Durango DEX410 and Tekno EB48. At one point I had a B4.2 FT kit, Kyosho MP9, Tekno SCT410, SC10 4x4, B44. I even got my wife into it with a Losi SCTE.

Our local track shut down and I’ve been too lazy to drive 80 miles to race.
My son and I have a blast wrecking these things. We don't race but do invade and piss of the true racers every so often. As of now I have:
Traxxas- slash 2wd and 4x4, 2wd rustler, erevo both old and new versions and a trx4 sport.
Kyosho inferno
Tekno mt410 (my favorite, I know why you kept your tekno buggy)
Axial scx10 ii k5 blazer

I had the associated b6d but found I didn't go to the track often enough and was a little too paranoid about my son driving it so I sold it.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
My son and I have a blast wrecking these things. We don't race but do invade and piss of the true racers every so often. As of now I have:
Traxxas- slash 2wd and 4x4, 2wd rustler, erevo both old and new versions and a trx4 sport.
Kyosho inferno
Tekno mt410 (my favorite, I know why you kept your tekno buggy)
Axial scx10 ii k5 blazer

I had the associated b6d but found I didn't go to the track often enough and was a little too paranoid about my son driving it so I sold it.

I almost bought a MT410. Those things look awesome! I’ve loved every Tekno I’ve had. The Tekno T8 1900 had a bit of a melt down a few months ago, the stator came apart during a run and it got so hot the solders melted. So that’s toast. ESC is in good shape, been thinking about taking it up from 4s to 6s since I don’t race anymore. Just make a solid basher.

Those E-Revos are pretty crazy too.

How’s the SCX10? I never got too much into crawlers but some of the other guys were. My wife still wants a Wraith to drive around the yard.

F

FnFancy

Audioholic Intern
I almost bought a MT410. Those things look awesome! I’ve loved every Tekno I’ve had. The Tekno T8 1900 had a bit of a melt down a few months ago, the stator came apart during a run and it got so hot the solders melted. So that’s toast. ESC is in good shape, been thinking about taking it up from 4s to 6s since I don’t race anymore. Just make a solid basher.

Those E-Revos are pretty crazy too.

How’s the SCX10? I never got too much into crawlers but some of the other guys were. My wife still wants a Wraith to drive around the yard.
I bought the scx10 for one reason only, it was an old k5 blazer, same truck I grew up in as a kid. I wasn't sure about the whole "go slow" thing at first, but i will say if you have a decent place to run a crawler it is quite fun. I have a couple rc buddies heavy in the crawler scene so I spent a ton of money right off the bat so I could keep up. The mt410 is amazing! Super fun and reliable, it's my favorite followed closely by the second gen erevo. Sucks about your motor, 6s is crazy though. I have one truck that runs 6s, the new erevo, everything else doesn't need it. 4s for the tekno and kyosho. Keep on having fun in RC!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis