Center Channel Speaker recommendation?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm looking for a center speaker. I am thinking about the Monolith by Monoprice THX-365T but you guys may have a better choice for bringing out the voice track on movies? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Without info about your L/R and positioning possibilites....who knows?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm looking for a center speaker. I am thinking about the Monolith by Monoprice THX-365T but you guys may have a better choice for bringing out the voice track on movies? Thanks!
The Monolith center is a really good one, but if your left and right fronts are radically different, you may want to get a center speaker more in line with the left/right. What is your left and right front speakers?

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
If you want to take it to the next level... JTR & Power Sound Audio is the way to go IMHO.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm using VMPS SuperTower III as L and R channel, Paradigm Studio Monitors for side channels and VMPS Di-poles in the rear.

Currently, considering Monoprice THX-365T for center channel but you may have other favorites? Warmth and having dialog in movies come out stronger is the goal. RBH SV-821CR, SALK Song3 center, HSU HC-1 MK2 were other ideas. Thought there might be a favorite out there?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm using VMPS SuperTower III as L and R channel, Paradigm Studio Monitors for side channels and VMPS Di-poles in the rear.

Currently, considering Monoprice THX-365T for center channel but you may have other favorites? Warmth and having dialog in movies come out stronger is the goal. RBH SV-821CR, SALK Song3 center, HSU HC-1 MK2 were other ideas. Thought there might be a favorite out there?
OK, so there is not going to be anything like a matching center for those, so I would just look for a good center that is neutral and has off-axis consistency. That way, you can predictably EQ the center to get some matching tonality to your left/right fronts if you wanted. For this reason, I would avoid all MTM deisgns, and I would go with a three-way design like the Monolith THX center. Also look at the Paradigm Premier 500C and 600C, those are both very good center speakers. Another excellent center speaker is the Polk Legend L400. I would guess that the Revel C208 and C426Be are also really good centers. The Salk Song center should be decent, as well as the Ascend Horizon. On the other hand, if you like to play stuff really loud, look at the three-way centers from JTR, the Noesis 210RM, 212HTR, and 215RM. The Hsu HC-1 is a good speaker, but I would skip it due to the 2-way MTM design for your purposes, however the Hsu CCB-8 might be a good alternative as a center. For that matter, you could use the JTR Noesis 110HT as a good center. I think the centers from KEF would also be workable.

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
Emotiva C2+ will give you a pretty flat baseline to work from and all the volume and clarity you may desire.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis