center channel opinions

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
im using B&W LM1's as mains and just got a ML Dynamo 300 (surprised to get as much out of this little sub as i am, just got rid of a cerwin vega hts12 and it was just too big for what im looking for) ive been looking at possibly getting a jamo c35 for the center (style and reviews all sound good to me) would the jamo fit with the B&W, would i be better off using another lm1 as the center, or just do a 4.1 with no center? any other opinions on a center similar price, style and reviews as the c35? this is just for a small family room setup (also the room is only approx 16x12)

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
You would definitely be better off using another LM1 as a center. The ideal is for the front three speakers to be identical. The reason is that you do not want sounds that pan across the front to change in tonal character. Real movie theaters use three identical speakers up front. It is only people who cannot or will not put in a proper center speaker who use something different for the center channel.

So, the only reasons to use something else would be if you used something else for your right and left front speakers, or you could not fit one in for your center channel.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd have to agree with Pyrrho. I've learned the hard way, to the tune of $400, that you're not going to be satisfied until you get a matching series center channel speaker to your mains. :mad: Bite the bullet and do it right the first time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis