Ceiling atmos/auro speakers for high cathedral ceiling

M

Mike Hamilton

Audiophyte
Planning to upgrade to 5.1.4 with 4 height speakers for both atmos and auro 3d.

Room is 15 ft deep and about 22 ft wide with a 15 ft cathedral ceiling. The front and back wall is 10 ft high, above forms a triangle with about 30 degree angle toward listener st front and away from listener st rear. Seating is about 3 ft from back wall.

Thinking of flat ceiling speakers at front part of ceiling and angled down speakers at rear. Leaning toward beale street ic6-mb and ica-6 mb 6.5 inch because I expect better bass from them than most but not sure if these would be the best choice or if another speaker or an entirely different location might be best.
Upgrading to denon 4500h and keeping current monitor audio 7i L/R and klipsch rc35 center with atlantic tech dipole surrounds. As budget allows thinking of klipsch rp-8000m for LCR and rp-600m for surrounds. Velodyne f1800 for bass (19 yr old system)

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Why not mount the height channels high on the walls, and angle them downward? In our HT I mounted the speakers 13' high on the front and side walls, and then angled them toward the MLP...sounds great IMO. I also watched a video on Audioholics where in Europe this is the way they mount height channels, and that it is preferred over ceiling mounting unless you are running a Auro3d VOG channel. When they run a VOG channel it is the only one mounted in the ceiling.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

M

Mike Hamilton

Audiophyte
Thanks for the suggestion. I plan now on doing just that after my wife suggested she would prefer that over cutting holes in the ceiling. I want a layout that works well for auro3d AP this makes good sense. Just got the denon avr-x4500h and like the auro2d music mode.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis