CEDIA 2004 EXPO Coverage OFFICIAL THREAD

CEDIA 2004 EXPO in Indianapolis, Indiana
September 9-12

CEDIA is coming and it is going to be jam-packed with new product announcements and forward-thinking home theater equipment that will shape both the short-term and long-term future of home entertainment. Audioholics will be covering the show LIVE from the floor. We'll be doing periodic daily updates as well as comprehensive postings of in-depth product information each evening. Stay tuned and don't miss out on the fun. All coverage will be organized by day AS WELL AS by product - so keep your eyes peeled for anything you may be interested in getting news on during the event.

Our extensive coverage will also be featured on our Home Theater Alliance partner websites: Home Theater Forum, AudioReview, and eCoustics.

Attachments

U

Unregistered

I would really like to see info about denon's upcoming AVR-5805. It would also be great to see info about some of Krell's Master Reference products, and other companies flagship/groundbreaking products.

Thanks

K

KCC

Audiophyte
I'd like to find out if Integra Research will offer any new upgrades for the RDC-7.

Last edited:
B

BuddTX

Audioholic
Thanks for covering CEDIA for all of us!

Dont stay in your room all evening writing posts, go out and find the "vendor parties!"

Seriously, looking forward to great coverage of this event.

I am sure that yall would hit these vendors anyway, but I am esp interested in:
Any new Outlaw products
Any new or improved Axiom speakers
any incredible pre-amp/processors in the 800-1500 $ range
good values in amps, like as in pro amps, like the Crown 402, that can also be used for HT.
"good value" universal DVD players (and receivers and pre-amps too) with firewire or i-link or whatever we are calling the digital all-in-one audio connectors these days
Booth Babes (Nice set of Amps ya got there :cool: :D :eek: )

BuddTX: We'll probabaly miss most of the parties unfortunately... All your other concerns will be hit for sure.

We've got twice the staff at CEDIA this year than we had at CES - so expect twice the coverage - oh, man we're not going to get any sleep!

Affordable universal DVD players and receivers with IEEE 1394/Firewire are big on my list as well BTW.

We're counting down at this point and getting our CEDIA page ready for coverage. Won't be long now.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dont stay in your room all evening writing posts, go out and find the "vendor parties!"
Budd, one of the fringe benefits of being the Audioholics owner is that I can have my staff do the grunt work while attend the parties and eating festivities ;) Seriously, we will try to attend a few social events, but this show is serious business to us and we want to cover it to the best of our abilities.

Booth Babes (Nice set of Amps ya got there )

You mean like these?
Expo Babes

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
gene said:
You mean like these?
Expo Babes

OH YEA . . . chicka chi gow, bow bow, chicka chi gow, Oooohhh Yea

(Think Ferris Buller's day off, the real cool music, the only words are OH YEA"!!

Almost there... almost there...

We've just completed (offline 'til the show) our entire CEDIA 2004 system for posting news and updates. This show is going to be insane as far as coverage is concerned. We'll have Jeff Lawson check in with this forum periodically throughout the day as well as posting updates and photos from the show floor, so if you have specific product requests - put them here.

Jeff will be the point man during the show, while Gene and I are meeting with some of the bigger companies and getting more in-depth info for evening posting.

annunaki

annunaki

If I could, I would like to make a special request. I would like to see anything from JL Audio if possible. It may be under a different name?? I am not sure here.

They are a car audio company and are making an entrance into the home audio market. They hired a person (cannot remember his name, i think he was a V.P. or something) away from M&K to head their home audio division. They are the company responsible for the driver in the Krell Resolution Series subwoofer.

Thanks!!

(crosses fingers)

Last edited:
W

wolfmd

Audiophyte
I would love to see any/all HT receivers/Pre-pro's with HDMI and/or DVI inputs and outputs. Specifically, there has been some rumblings about B&K adding this to their Ref 50, which just so happens to be on my SHORT list.
Thanks for the coverage...all info is appreciated.
-Dr. Wolf

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
For those who want to catch a glimpse of our Cedia coverage early make sure you sign up for our newsletter which will be going out tonight at midnight (EST time).

Register for our newsletter

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
I would like to see the latest happenings from Pioneer and Onkyo.

Also, someone mentioned JL Audio. That would interest me as well. I LOVED their car audio products and their enterance into Home Audio should be great.

Does Cerwin Vega have a presence at CEDIA? I'm curious and a long time fan of this company.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
I just checked, and Cerwin Vega will be there. Let me know what they've got going on. I don't know if they will just have their Professional Audio Division, or if they will also feature their consumer Home Audio as well.

Thanks.

U

Unregistered

New Harman Kardon receivers

If, possible I would like to learn whether H/K exhibits any new AV receivers.

Regards

KL

T

troytn

Audioholic Intern
Any new Yamaha dvd players to atch with the RX-z9

Hey Gene has Yamaha announced anything as far as dvd players with fire wire to match with the RX-Z9 you reviewed?

How about a list of new dvd players with firewire?

thanks

Troy

T

Tyrant

Enthusiast
Hi,

Any coverage from Integra Research would be great....such as upgrades for the RDC-7 and the where abouts of the new RDC-7.1. Also, Don't forget to check out some new projectors( ie. sanyo, hitachi, etc....)

Thanks

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
If you don't mind, let us know if the Paradigm Group is coming out with anything new.

Thanks,
Stephen

U

Unregistered

looking for new DLP sets with HDMI, and GWIV by sony!

troytn said:
Hey Gene has Yamaha announced anything as far as dvd players with fire wire to match with the RX-Z9 you reviewed?

How about a list of new dvd players with firewire?
Check this out - the new DVD-S2500. We'll get actual product shots and stuff when we meet with them this morning at 10am.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis