CD player specs help!

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
Hello All,
Brand new to these forums, and a bit of a noob when it comes to audio products.

Ive purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD595s, and im after a cd player system to plug em into instead of my junky computer on-board sound card.
(even throught my pc sound card these headphones are incredible quality!)

My question is, Without sepending thousands of dollars, and compared to my on-board sound card that i have now, what should i be looking for that would significantly improve sound quality of my cds?

Specs, model suggestions etc all helpfull
thanks!

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
I think i just want to have a seperate system for the cds rather then pc, my cd drive in my pcs getting pretty old now, and well it sits about 1.5m back on my HUGE desk lol.

Id rather just have something simple and close for cd playing.

That amp looks pretty nice, and good price.
If i was to go buy just cd player, any sugestions on a brand/model ? Or specs id be looking at? And would the use of an amp like the one suggested help imporove quality more?

Thanks

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
Im looking at buying this :

( i can post links lol )
Please google it ..
Arcam CD73

It seem to have great reviews and the price is pretty decent.
Would this be a good buy?
Keep in mind all i want this to do is play cds to my headphones.

Cheers

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
So the "ART V2" you posted earlyer will connect to cd player or pc sound card then i connect headphones to it?
And this will imporve sound quality?

Cheers

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So the "ART V2" you posted earlyer will connect to cd player or pc sound card then i connect headphones to it?
And this will imporve sound quality?

Cheers
Like i said - unless you have existing headphones plug on cd-player - you must get some sort of pre-amp with headphones amp in it like art.
ART DOES not improve SQ, but ideally doesn't f-up original one.

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
Like i said - unless you have existing headphones plug on cd-player - you must get some sort of pre-amp with headphones amp in it like art.
ART DOES not improve SQ, but ideally doesn't f-up original one.
Excellent :)

And well, it seems my options on pre-amps are semi-limited since i live in Middle Earth (New Zealand)... Having a look around on NZ's version of ebay ive come across -> Little Dot I+ tube Headphone AMP (Deluxe Ver. )
Its selling for $230NZD which is probably around $162USD - whats your opinion on this one?

Ill post link in next post (post 5 haha >.>)

Thanks for all the help :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I Never heard of Little Dot products before, but in general Tubes do warm sound coloration and it's the matter if you like it or not...
Our vintage tube loving friends at AK seem to like the product alot- http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259926
but in general I prefer original - reference like sound over any colorations....
Checkout this product from local shire seller
http://www.musicways.co.nz/customer/product.php?productid=2583&cat=0&page=1

p.s:
Thanks for all the help :)
AH Forums uses reputation system. To thank for helpful reply one might want to consider to click "Thanks" button or Click the scales icon to Approve/Disapprove post with comment ;)

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
Woo cheers been very helpfull :)

I was reading somewere that tube amps are better for distortion? I listen to alot of heavy metal, if this is true, it would seem the tube amp might be for me?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Woo cheers been very helpfull :)
I was reading somewere that tube amps are better for distortion? I listen to alot of heavy metal, if this is true, it would seem the tube amp might be for me?
The distortion in tubes, is not that kind of "distortion" you and me ;) like in metal. What you want is original sound, loud and clear.

p.s: My new fav work background music - Viking Metal

ubila

ubila

Enthusiast
The distortion in tubes, is not that kind of "distortion" you and me ;) like in metal. What you want is original sound, loud and clear.

p.s: My new fav work background music - Viking Metal
Haha my boss didnt like the fact that i listen to metal so he banned headphones at work. Thank god ive left that job!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis