Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Sold unfortunately . This was my 78 TransAm , 20,000 original miles. Was fairly rare , as Martinique Blue only came out in 78 and very few has a black interior . Most were a light blue material called hobnail , or they had camel which was a light brown colour .
It had the 400 and my only wish was that it was a factory 4 speed as I‘m not a big fan of automatics in first or second gen TransAms or firebirds
Nice T/A Major, I had a couple back in the day myself. My fav years, '69-73, a '73 455 SD, 4 speed car I'd actually consider selling my '67 BB Corvette for .... :eek:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Did they mention the cost to repair the TPMS? Using the ABS sensors is a good idea, but a lot more expensive to repair than a set of valve stems with the transmitters.
There was a leak in one of the tires that was tripping the TPMS. They plugged that and fixed a heatshield on the front passenger rotor for a grand total of $53.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There was a leak in one of the tires that was tripping the TPMS. They plugged that and fixed a heatshield on the front passenger rotor for a grand total of $53.
I saw that it had a leak, just wondered if they shot you a price for repairing the ABS since that's how tire pressure is monitored or if they looked for the leak first.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I saw that it had a leak, just wondered if they shot you a price for repairing the ABS since that's how tire pressure is monitored or if they looked for the leak first.
There was no issue with the ABS. Even if there was it would have been covered under warranty, which is why I brought it to the dealer in the first place because I felt certain it was going to be a warranty issue.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There was no issue with the ABS. Even if there was it would have been covered under warranty, which is why I brought it to the dealer in the first place because I felt certain it was going to be a warranty issue.
I asked because the ABS sensors measure tire rotation and an under-inflated tire turns slower, so it knows whether it's inflated properly without needing the TPMS sensors in the valves.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis