Carpet for theater room

J

JrFalcon

Audiophyte
I’d like to place carpet in the theater room, but haven’t found many threads on what kind of carpet or where to get it.
1)Carpet?
2)Thick or thin?
3)Materials that people like?

Thanks!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
More than anything, the padding under the carpet is going to be key for helping with the acoustics, not just the carpet itself. I would look for something dark and easy to keep clean.
Building out a dedicated room isn’t my thing… I have seen some comments about carpeting in some videos or threads though… just not able to point you at them. There is info out there, though!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome.
Is this for a dedicated theater room or a theater room with multipurpose uses?
Projection screen or large TV? Steps?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I’d like to place carpet in the theater room, but haven’t found many threads on what kind of carpet or where to get it.
1)Carpet?
2)Thick or thin?
3)Materials that people like?

Thanks!
If you can afford it a wool carpet is best, acoustically and especially that static is reduced, so you are less likely to get a static shock touching your gear and causing damage. This is especially true if you live in a cold climate. Having a humidifier on the furnace also helps. Local venders will be where you can purchase carpet.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Carpet alone does little, it is the thick pad underneath that is essential for sound absorption.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Berber carpet, wears like iron and yes, the best quality pad available.

W

WadeT

Enthusiast
Damn I just pulled up my carpet for laminate flooring ha

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Damn I just pulled up my carpet for laminate flooring ha
Sounds as if you are well on your way to a Kamikaze AV room. Looks like you are proceeding with minimal planning and forethought.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis