Car stereo touch radio

M

Marlee857

Audiophyte
I am looking for advice on replacing a combined Sirius XM radio and navigation system. It is a 2006 Corvette and the discs to update it were too pricey through Chevrolet dealer so I bought a Garmin. One of my kids put the suction cup for the Garmin on the touch screen and now I can only use half the screen which means I cannot change the radio channels on the left nor switch from FM to XM, etc. or even adjust the click since it is all digital. Looked into having dealer replace screen only but was told I had to buy the whole combined nav/radio system for almost $2000. I am wondering if there is any system for a car that just has radio with a touch screen. I figure if I could find one about the same size, it might be a lot cheaper.

Someone responded to this request suggesting I ask in this forum. Does anyone have any idea if I might be able to do this through a place like Best Buy? I would never attempt switching this out on my own. I just really want to be able to listen to XM radio since I pay I for it, plus since I now have a portable GPS with lifetime maps, I don't need another in-car nav system.:confused:

Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis