G

<font color='#000000'>For the last week I have been researching online and going to Car Audio Stores trying to learn everything I need to know to install a Mid Performance Car Audio System. I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma Extend Cab and I am getting ready to install a completely new audio system. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on the audio components I am using or on the installation of these parts.

Pioneer Premier P850MP

Rockford Fosgate Punch 801X

Pioneer Premier C160R 6 ½ Component Speakers

Pioneer Premier D160R 6 ½ 2-Way Speakers

2x JL Audio 10” W3v2

2x Q-Logic Single 10” Sub Enclosure

At this time I am planning to power the front component speakers and the two subs by the amp then power the two back speakers by the deck. I would buy another amp to power all the speakers instead but I am trying to save some money. I really don’t think I will lose to much sound quality because the subs will already over power the back speakers as it is.

Any suggestions on this sound system setup would be great!

Thankz,
Travis</font>

W

waltermeyer

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I think you would actually be better off just leaving the rear speakers out. You said yourself the subs would probably overpower them. &nbsp;So why have underpowered, distorted sound coming up from there. &nbsp;I am a fan of good rear fill, so dont get me wrong. I like the sound of GOOD rear fill. But it is not NEARLY as important as your front. &nbsp;Alot of truck installs and some cars for that matter, will just leave the rears out. &nbsp;They will be distorted without the right amount of power. &nbsp;I have an extra cab gmc fullsize pickup, and my mids and highs are run by a JL 450/4. &nbsp;That splits up 150x2 to the front, and 75x2 to the rear. &nbsp;Which is a very nice distribution of power. &nbsp;I was going to go with a cheaper 2 channel and leave the rears out if I needed to save money. &nbsp;Or just put the right amount of power to them. &nbsp;I think others that know whats up will tell you the same thing. &nbsp;If your serious about sound quality you dont want to power any speakers with your head unit. &nbsp;I have a 3 way set of MB Quart Q-series QSD's in the front in custom kick pods. (6&quot;-4&quot;-tweet) and a set of MB Quart Premium 4&quot; seprates in the rear. &nbsp;It is an unbelievable combination. BUT, with the right power and install. &nbsp;I would take a mid level equipment system, installed correctly, over an extravegant, super expensive set installed incorrectly. &nbsp;It would sound so much better. &nbsp;So make sure you do it right all the way and you will be very happy with your sterio. Doing it right I mean the proper amount of TRUE watts, RMS, not Peak power. &nbsp;Thats the tricky thing about buying amps. They always advertise &quot;1000 watts!!&quot; &nbsp;When its total bullshit. &nbsp;You would be lucky to get 450 out of it. &nbsp;So power your speakers correctly, use the proper guage wires, calculate the proper air space for the subs, and make sure your box is solid. You will be glad you did. &nbsp;My subs are 3 JL 12w6v2's in a custom, sealed enclosure. &nbsp;They are run by a JL 1000/1 with an extra battery and 0 guage &quot;cables&quot; (jk) feeding the distribution block the power. &nbsp;I got rid of my back seat completely as I am assuming you will be doing. &nbsp;Anyway, I dont mean to ramble but if you dont half butt it on the details, not so much the equipment, but what you do with your equipment, you will thank yourself later. &nbsp;Because you wont be happy with it and youll be starting all over and doing it again right anyway. &nbsp;So good luck and keep us posted on your progress.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thankz for all the details. By this weekend I will have all my parts and I planning to install everything. Hopefully everything will sound great. I had already bought the rear speakers before I got ur response but I did by some bass blockers which people tell me will block the distortion in the speakers. If this doesn't work then I will just unplug them completely. I was thinking about putting another amp in to power my mids and highs but it was going to add at least another 300 dollars and I don't have that kind of money, since I am trying to also pay for college. Thankz again and I will be sure to keep u guys posted on how it goes this weekend. I am planning on putting up a webpage with cardomain.com and post some pictures. I will be sure to post a link when that comes up!

Thankz, Travis</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thankz for all the details. By this weekend I will have all my parts and I planning to install everything. Hopefully everything will sound great. I had already bought the rear speakers before I got ur response but I did by some bass blockers which people tell me will block the distortion in the speakers. If this doesn't work then I will just unplug them completely. I was thinking about putting another amp in to power my mids and highs but it was going to add at least another 300 dollars and I don't have that kind of money, since I am trying to also pay for college. Thankz again and I will be sure to keep u guys posted on how it goes this weekend. I am planning on putting up a webpage with cardomain.com and post some pictures. I will be sure to post a link when that comes up!

Thankz, Travis</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Looks like I am late for this one. But here goes.
JL subs........
MQ Quart mids &amp; highs.......
Alpine headunit........
Amps are not that big of a deal. Just be sure to get two channel amps for each speaker system, and buy a top name brand that you feel comfortable with.
This IS, and has been the set-up of choice for many years now!
DO NOT USE RADIO POWER FOR REAR FILL! If you want it to sound right, use a small amp for the rear. It is WELL worth the money!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis