Car Audio - bass help

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I need some help.
My wife and I have an '06 Highlander with the upgraded JBL system. The sub seems to kick in more power/volume at random places. My wife doesn't notice, but then again, she's pretty numb to these things. The extra juice-shot occurs at all speeds and on all road types.
I've tried to search for some Highlander forums with no luck on this issue. I have not yet contacted Toyota, but I just want to do some background research before I deal with them.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-pat

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It probably has a "peak" at a certain frequency. I work at a Toyota dealership as a valet, and I am NOT impressed with those JBL systems.

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
If you wanted to be insane about it, you could measure the frequency response in the driver's seat with a measurement microphone, some software, and a test tone CD. Armed with that information, you could then develop an equalization curve that could be implemented to squash the peak and give you a more even frequency response. However, I do not know if you could get an equalizer in the signal chain, given you have a 'factory' system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis