Canton Releases CD 300 Series Flat Panel Loudspeakers

Canton has introduced the first of a new line of slender, high performance aluminum loudspeakers designed specifically for modern flat-screen video displays. This new line is designed to combine solid engineering with efficient and pleasing design for those looking to maximize the space-saving nature of new LCD and plasma displays.

The Canton CD 300 series combines technology derived from the company's high-end Karat line of loudspeakers with the sleek, brushed aluminum lifestyle design of its popular CD 100 series.

The current line consists of the CD 300 floor-standing tower speaker and the CD 360F, which includes the same driver configuration adapted for vertical or horizontal wall mounting. Both speakers are "two-and-a-half" way systems with four 4-inch aluminum cone drivers and an advanced version of the Canton's ADT-25 one-inch aluminum-manganese tweeter. Two of the 4-inch drivers reproduce low-frequency bass signals exclusively, while the other two reproduce both bass and midrange sounds. The Canton ADT-25 tweeter uses a one-piece aluminum-manganese dome and voice coil former.

Read the Full Details...

Attachments

E

ericb

Audioholic Intern
Msrp

Have you had a chance to listen to them? at an msrp of 2000, how do they compare to the mid Karat series line such as the M60 or even M30? although the CD100 series was nice, it was far from the Karat line and this new line looks like the CD100 series with a little steroids? Just curious on how much they have improved in comparison to justify the 2K msrp which seems a little steep to me.

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
Well better than Bose, but if it looks good, chances are B&O all ready did it.

I don't think I'd spend $2K though, yikes. You just can't get deep real bass out of a 4" speaker.

B&O Beolab

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ericb

Audioholic Intern
ouch!

please refrain from using the "B" word. no need to be offensive :)

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
Would that be Bang and Olufson or .........

Either way, those new speakers look nice. The mid drivers look like Seas or something....I've seen them before....but can't remember who made them.

U

Unregistered

deep bass

actually i was looking at those at canton's site and they reach 30 hz.
that's pretty deep for a 4 inch array if you ask me. yes those are b&o, i don't think they have as good of bass as the cantons.

U

Unregistered

o&b specs

yes the B&o doesn't have as good of bass as the canton

canton 30-30000 b&0 39-20000

the b&0 uses 2 6.5inch drivers for bass and a 3 inch midrange, couldn't find a tweeter or treble speaker though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis