CANTON A45 45th Anniversary Limited Edition Speaker

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Doesn't the A45 basically use the same drivers (and tweeter) as the Reference k series, in a different enclosure? I think the tweeter is probably the same (or better) than the Vento 820.2, which is already apparently better than the one used in the 9.2 dc?!
I can confirm. Yes they use the same as the K series. Only the cabinets are different.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I can confirm. Yes they use the same as the K series. Only the cabinets are different.
Do you know if the Canton Vento refresh, like the 886.2 floor standers, released last year also use the same tweeter?

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Do you know if the Canton Vento refresh, like the 886.2 floor standers, released last year also use the same tweeter?
I don't know the answer to this one. I would have to guess it may be different since the cost of the two at retail are a lot different. It's hard to get a lot of Canton info since they aren't very popular here in the States.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know the answer to this one. I would have to guess it may be different since the cost of the two at retail are a lot different. It's hard to get a lot of Canton info since they aren't very popular here in the States.
Thanks, I'm just curious as the 886.2 still sound great.

In Germany the retail price is the same with the A 45 having one more 7" driver and heavier, though the A 45 is only (?) available online on the Canton site.

https://www.canton.de/de/online-exklusiv/a-45
https://www.canton.de/de/hifi/vento-serie/vento-886.2-dc

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm debating on pulling the trigger on the 820.2 or going all in with the A45 BS (which is supposed to be very close to their Reference 9k offering - same drivers, different box). I really shouldn't be shopping for more speakers, but I'm super curious to hear the Canton ceramic tweeter and see how it compares to my MB Quart VS05's.
Did this ever happen? If so, which model did you get and how did things compare?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
And down to $3200 / pair! Oooh baby where were you a year ago?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis