Can't get Zone 2 output on Denon 2105

• Thread starter carlosleon2005@
  • Start date
C

carlosleon2005@

Audiophyte
Hi all,

A couple of quick questions for any Denon owners out there:

1) I've setup my Denon 2105 with a 5.1 system using Speakers A for the Front and leaving the Zone 2 outputs open for use by a separate pair of bedroom speakers. The problem is, I can't get any output from the Zone 2 connections and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

2) Any suggestions on the best sound settings to use for just watching the standard television set? Options are: Standard, Standard Cinema, Standard Music, DSP Simulation, 5ch/7ch Stereo, Virtual Surround, Stereo, and Direct. Actually any advice on what to use ANY of these for would help.

Thanks in advance!!

M

Milhouse

Audiophyte
I had a similar problem with my 2805. If you are using digital audio inputs into zone 2, it won't work. You have to run analog (L and R RCA plugs) to get sound out of zone 2. There are enough analog inputs on the back of the Denon, so you might have to get creative. I have my TV digital audio going into the TV input, and the analog going into "VCR-1", since I don't have a VCR, then I listen to VCR-1 in zone 2, and TV in zone 1 and it sounds fine.
Good Luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis