Can't decide between 3 subwoofers

P

paulzoom

Audiophyte
For about the same price I can either get a Definitive Technology Super Cube III, a Emotiva Ultra Sub 10 or a Sunfire SDS 12. This is going in a 13 X 24 room with the stereo in the Middle of the room about 9 ft from the listening area. It will be used for about 50% music 25% TV and 25% Movies but accurate sounding music is the most important to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

C

cantonguy

Junior Audioholic
I think you'd be better off spending the extra money and buy the Ultra 12. I'd bet that the performance to dollar ratio would be better. If you can't afford it or do not want to do that...then yes, go with the Emotiva Ultra 10.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I think you'd be better off spending the extra money and buy the Ultra 12. I'd bet that the performance to dollar ratio would be better. If you can't afford it or do not want to do that...then yes, go with the Emotiva Ultra 10.
+1 2500cuft is a lot for a 10" sub.

P

paulzoom

Audiophyte
What about the 12" Sunfire. I can get it at the same price as the 10" Emotiva. It as one 12" subwoofer and a 12" passive radiator.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
10" just won't get the job done unless it's a TC sounds or JL driver.

12" should be used in that big of a room.

P

paulzoom

Audiophyte
I ended up buying a used Sunfire SDS 12. It was the same price as the 10" Emo and only has 10 hours of playing time on it and still under warranty. I figure if I don't like it I can always re-sell it and get my money back. I'll let you know how it works out when I get it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis