Can't change location in profile? Post here...

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I've done it before but I cannot seem to figure out how to change it again. Where do I change the location that shows up under my name when I post???

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Haha well it's a bit late to move back. I see no option for location under "Information" or anywhere in any screen in my profile. In fact, I now see that it doesn't even show "Location" under my name on my posts. Not a big deal. Just has me confused and thinking I was going crazy. Haha

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My location and occupation shows under "About" in "Information" while yours shows birthday and gender. Don't be surprised if you see flowers from Rick come May.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm relatively new here but on other forums I prefer showing location so that if another is near me and we can share info about a dealer, service or product available locally it's more obvious. Now I thought I had completed location information when I signed up and pretty sure it appeared in my first few posts. Now, like others, it's completely gone from the 'user control panel" area so I can't see it, re-enter nor change any setting related to it.

Strange. Is this a bug in forum software?

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Ken could you goto this link and see if you can see the "location" field :

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/account/personal-details

We purposely do not allow profile edits on custom fields until you have XX amount of posts ( of which you have passed ), this is to prevent spam accounts hitting the forum and mass filling out data which then takes forever to clean up.

After a certain amount of posts however your account gets moved into the established member group ( Which your account has ) which allows the edit of profiles etc. Can you let me know if you can see the location box and whether it shows up once the entry has been made.....If not it could be a bug we need to look into.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for looking into this, Rivmedia.

I did click on the link and didn't see anything regarding location. I then spent a little more time clicking on various other options and simply could not find anything related to that.

Odd. Of course it's nothing critical but as on all the other car, motorcycle, machinist and other forums where I participate (at varying levels from lurker to moderator), I find having location to be a great asset. Knowing another member's location has been the impetus to get out and actually meet some folks and build REAL in-person friendships rather than just "I know him from the internet". Something more tangible about saying you "know" someone when you actually have shook hands and perhaps sat down for a coffee or....

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Thanks for letting me know, i will create a test user in your group to see whats conflicting in the next couple of days, we've had a couple of big updates on the software running the forum recently so it may have knocked something out of line.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I gotta say, Hi-Ho has a very good point. I can't find where to change my location either and I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 10k posts. ...and we'll be "bi-coastal" soon.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Same here - any update on how to change one's location? Thanks!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I have joined this list of people needing to change 'Location' and not finding anywhere to edit the previously saved info.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I volunteer to use my Whac-A-Mole powers for good...

Just checked and it seems I can change members' locations by editing their profiles...

Since locations are public, just post the location you want to change to, and I will attempt to edit your profile with the update as soon as I can...

If for some reason I can't update an individual's profile, I'll let that member know...

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I volunteer to use my Whac-A-Mole powers for good...

Just checked and it seems I can change members' locations by editing their profiles...
Is "Resident Whac-A-Mole'er" = the ITA, in current ITA parlance :D?

I see from my new Location being 'This is only a test...', that you are serious. There is so much fun to be had with this power! Like, Adam/Alex/Doug/Rick's Location... 'nuf said.

If your power holds sway, please update mine to Pittsburgh, PA. Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis