Can you purchase an atmos soundbar without a sub?

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
Seems like all the atmos soundbars include a subwoofer.
Are their any atmos soundbars that can be purchased without a sub as my current sub is essentially brand new and don't have any room for a new sub.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
What you are finding with a lot of soundbars is that they have wireless subs too w/no outputs, which will make using your existing sub near impossible.

I highly skeptical how effective a Dolby Atmos Soundbar performs

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
What you are finding with a lot of soundbars is that they have wireless subs too w/no outputs, which will make using your existing sub near impossible.

I highly skeptical how effective a Dolby Atmos Soundbar performs
I wondered if the eArc port from the TV could connect to the soundbar and the Fiber Optic from the TV to the AVR for all the other speakers and sub is a valid configuration (this is why I am posting in the Beginners section).

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
You are in the right place :) . Taking a step back, what is your setup. You have both a soundbar and an AVR?
1) What model of Soundbar are you using
2) No you can not output sound both through HDMI and TosLink (Fiber-Optic) to the AVR

I see you already posted something similar with your setup, as was stated, replacing your F/R/C with a soundbar is definitely a downgrade and offers no potential benefit.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, based on that other thread, I have opted not to pursue it. Thanks.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Seems like all the atmos soundbars include a subwoofer.
Are their any atmos soundbars that can be purchased without a sub as my current sub is essentially brand new and don't have any room for a new sub.
Did you get an avr ???

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis