Can we have the ability to edit our posts for a longer period of time?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I admit to a lot of wordy posts, and I'm a lousy editor at the time I'm posting. It takes me a while to see errors. Days later I find some stupid grammatical error and I want to fix it, but the forum software won't let me, keeping my sloppiness for posterity. Other forums allow editing for much longer periods, sometimes forever. Would you guys consider changing this policy?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i think the time limit was put in place because:

1) some tool tried to delete all his posts because he didn't want any part of AH (all our posts become part of the forum, we are the borg)
2) it would be really hard to follow chronological progression of discussion when a previous post changes

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
i think the time limit was put in place because:

1) some tool tried to delete all his posts because he didn't want any part of AH (all our posts become part of the forum, we are the borg)
2) it would be really hard to follow chronological progression of discussion when a previous post changes
Fixed "chronological" for you in the quote. :) Can't edit be enabled separately from delete? I'm not following your second point. What's the difference between allowing me to edit for an hour and allowing me to edit for a year?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
if you can edit posts, you can just delete them without actually deleting them by clearing the content.

i would like the edit time to be extended though :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Fixed "chronological" for you in the quote. :) Can't edit be enabled separately from delete? I'm not following your second point. What's the difference between allowing me to edit for an hour and allowing me to edit for a year?
here's an example, if you hadn't quoted my post, i could go back up and change stuff e.g.

"i made no such mistake on the word chronological, you made that up!"

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
here's an example, if you hadn't quoted my post, i could go back up and change stuff e.g.

"i made no such mistake on the word chronological, you made that up!"
I can still do that, but I only get an hour or so, or whatever the time quantum is. I was sort of hoping we could act like adults, and just ignore the few idiots that don't.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe you could learn how to proofread. :p

If you do learn how please teach me. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis