Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So, getting back to the problem of kids having access to guns- in Milwaukee, one 3 year old died after shooting himself with an unlocked/unsecured gun; a 28 year old woman has been arrested and charges are pending. In another incident, a 3 year old was shot- details aren't complete but the shooting is being called 'accidental'. The Mayor said "There are too many guns in the hands of people who should not have them. All weapons must be locked and secured in a home.".

highfigh

highfigh

EU has a much larger population but you don’t have this excessive firing of rounds by the police as a regular occurring event.
How many European suspects flee from the police? How many shoot at the officers? How many fight with the officers? How many officers are ambushed in a year? How many times do you hear about officers investigating a shooting incident and someone else starts shooting only yards/meters away? These are regular occurrences in the US and it doesn't need to happen. The Akron shooting details aren't complete but if the article shows the police report to be accurate, he wasn't 'a good kid', as some have said. I'm not passing judgement, just commenting that if he was wearing a ski mask, drove off when the police tried to stop him and if he really shot at them, 'good kid' doesn't fly.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How many European suspects flee from the police? How many shoot at the officers? How many fight with the officers? How many officers are ambushed in a year? How many times do you hear about officers investigating a shooting incident and someone else starts shooting only yards/meters away? These are regular occurrences in the US and it doesn't need to happen. The Akron shooting details aren't complete but if the article shows the police report to be accurate, he wasn't 'a good kid', as some have said. I'm not passing judgement, just commenting that if he was wearing a ski mask, drove off when the police tried to stop him and if he really shot at them, 'good kid' doesn't fly.

Now you are just making excuses for the excessive violence of the US police and poor conflict management.

highfigh

highfigh

Now you are just making excuses for the excessive violence of the US police and poor conflict management.
There is no good excuse for the violence.

How would you react if someone was shooting at you?

Answer my questions and maybe we can have a constructive discussion.

Also, you can't compare one country with a continent.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There is no excuse for the violence.

How would you react if someone was shooting at you?

Answer my questions, so we can have a constructive discussion.
You mean I should go look for statistics of how many EU citizens resists arrest and that should explain it all? Really?

You should take a step back and reflect over why an unarmed Black man is shot at least 30 times. Don’t you find that excessive?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You should take a step back and reflect over why an unarmed Black man is shot at least 30 times. Don’t you find that excessive?
the investigation is ongoing but if he in fact discharged a weapon while in the vehicle that is not 'unarmed' !

highfigh

highfigh

You mean I should go look for statistics of how many EU citizens resists arrest and that should explain it all? Really?

You tell those of us in the US to show details, why shouldn't you do the same? I'm not asking for every stat, but it should be easy enough to do a search and check with databases in a few countries. Here's one that might help-

Of course it's excessive- did you not read the second paragraph?

BTW- he was only unarmed because he reportedly left the gun in the car. That happens here, a lot.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
the investigation is ongoing but if he in fact discharged a weapon while in the vehicle that is not 'unarmed' !
The police showed a great restraint when they only shot him at least 30 times while missing with him God knows how many rounds. And this was not a shoot out and he was unarmed when fleeing.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You tell those of us in the US to show details, why shouldn't you do the same? I'm not asking for every stat, but it should be easy enough to do a search and check with databases in a few countries. Here's one that might help-

Of course it's excessive- did you not read the second paragraph?

BTW- he was only unarmed because he reportedly left the gun in the car. That happens here, a lot.
Exactly how is a link to Interpol in any way related to this? Was the Black man on an Interpol international list of wanted fugitives or something?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The police showed a great restraint when they only shot him at least 30 times while missing with him God knows how many rounds. And this was not a shoot out and he was unarmed when fleeing.
Have you ever been shot at ? Yes he was apparently unarmed while running and resisting but it was dark and he had supposedly discharged the weapon prior so the Police had no way of knowing if he was still armed.

I'll let the investigation play out before jumping to irrational conclusions myself.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Flimsy evidence at the very best that he discharged any weapon at all and given the excess use of firearms by the police I don’t give them the benefit of doubt.

Why do you defend police officers that are either murderous or completely unqualified for their job?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Have you ever been shot at ? Yes he was apparently unarmed while running and resisting but it was dark and he had supposedly discharged the weapon prior so the Police had no way of knowing if he was still armed.

I'll let the investigation play out before jumping to irrational conclusions myself.
The police officers are supposed to be trained to handle such situations, for God’s sake!

Contrast this with the police response when an assailant is armed and is mass murdering children in Uvalde.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The police officers are supposed to be trained to handle such situations, for God’s sake!

Contrast this with the police response when an assailant is armed and is mass murdering children in Uvalde.
neither you or I were there so feel free to conjecture all you want, I stand by the Police until proven otherwise ......

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
neither you or I were there so feel free to conjecture all you want, I stand by the Police until proven otherwise ......
Don’t you think that shooting a fleeing man at least 30 times is excessive? The police didn’t use machine guns, as far as I know.

highfigh

highfigh

Exactly how is a link to Interpol in any way related to this? Was the Black man on an Interpol international list of wanted fugitives or something?
Wow. You wondered how you might find data on EU crimes and now, you think I was referring to the guy in Akron, which wouldn't have made it to Interpol anyway because the case isn't closed.

highfigh

highfigh

Flimsy evidence at the very best that he discharged any weapon at all and given the excess use of firearms by the police I don’t give them the benefit of doubt.

Why do you defend police officers that are either murderous or completely unqualified for their job?
Why do you assume that most police are as you describe them? Pretty easy to talk shyte from across an ocean about a place you don't know.

BTW- the cops had cameras recording most of the incident. But you don't care about that detail, do you?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why do you assume that most police are as you describe them? Pretty easy to talk shyte from across an ocean about a place you don't know.

BTW- the cops had cameras recording most of the incident. But you don't care about that detail, do you?
None of you want to answer the question I’ve asked several times: Don’t you find that shooting someone at least 30 times is excessive? That the judgment of the police officers in using violence is questionable?

And from your posts you don’t seem particularly knowledgeable either but then you’ve had drag out the “your not American” card when running out of arguments. Perhaps not only use the local police radio as main source?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

None of you want to answer the question I’ve asked several times: Don’t you find that shooting someone at least 30 times is excessive? That the judgment of the police officers in using violence is questionable?

And from your posts you don’t seem particularly knowledgeable either but then you’ve had drag out the “your not American” card when running out of arguments. Perhaps not only use the local police radio as main source?
How many effing times do we have to answer your question? Reading comprehension only works when it actually happens and on your end, it's not happening.

You're really a rude f&ck. Apparently, your memory is failing you because I have posted a lot of info about what's happening here, locally and nationally.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How many effing times do we have to answer your question? Reading comprehension only works when it actually happens and on your end, it's not happening.

You're really a rude f&ck. Apparently, your memory is failing you because I have posted a lot of info about what's happening here, locally and nationally.
Says the xenophobe and there are a number of you here on AH.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis