Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Gun control: People that want to harm someone, or criminals don't care about laws of any kind.
How do you know that they will never harm anyone or themselves?

You don’t, of course, so gun control for all.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The former Japanese Prime Minister Abe was just assassinated with a hand made gun.

Obviously Japan should abolish their gun control laws as it clearly does not work and everyone should have guns for their own protection. /sarcasm

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
How do you know that they will never harm anyone or themselves?

You don’t, of course, so gun control for all.
Thats not what I said, " People that want to harm someone, ". someone, can be anyone.

Gun control will never work, as I noted, criminals don't care about laws. Until they find a way to stop criminals from getting guns of any kind. But !, just today, a nut made a homemade double barrel gun and killed the ex Japan Prime Minister. And Japan, a country with one of the world's lowest rates of gun crime due to its strict laws on gun ownership.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Gun control will never work, as I noted, criminals don't care about laws. Until they find a way to stop criminals from getting guns of any kind. But !, just today, a nut made a homemade double barrel gun and killed the ex Japan Prime Minister. And Japan, a country with one of the world's lowest rates of gun crime due to its strict laws on gun ownership.
So gun control actually works in Japan even though criminals can get firearms, but for some reason it can not in USA?

What is not working is that you want your guns, whatever the cost in innocent lives. So you are rationalizing the cost with bad arguments while ignoring research, but admit to yourself that you find all these deaths an acceptable price to pay.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
So gun control actually works in Japan even though criminals can get firearms, but for some reason it can not in USA?

What is not working is that you want your guns, whatever the cost in innocent lives. So you are rationalizing the cost with bad arguments while ignoring research, but admit to yourself that you find all these deaths an acceptable price to pay.
I'm all for gun control. But my point, that you seem to not understand or don';t want to, is that criminals don't freaking care. They find a way,.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
highfigh

highfigh

Up next, 'Traffic Cones' , time to ban them along with guns .............

And obviously in this case, Black Lives Matter. Just not the life of a 73 year old Black man.

highfigh

highfigh

How many times do I have to tell you that the difference is in the people of the US vs other places?

If you think people are the same all over the planet, you really need to open your eyes.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Thats not what I said, " People that want to harm someone, ". someone, can be anyone.

Probably not, but incentivizing state's to start producing less of these semi-automatics I think anyway is a good thing. The worst aspects of gun rights to me seems like it's a cult, and the power one feels of having one in your hand.

highfigh

highfigh

Probably not, but incentivizing state's to start producing less of these semi-automatics I think anyway is a good thing. The worst aspects of gun rights to me seems like it's a cult, and the power one feels of having one in your hand.
Human nature- that's what makes people want what they can't have, may lose or might be made more difficult to acquire. It also makes people want to "be just like everyone else".

Why are you concerned with semi-automatics? The AR is no more dangerous than many other rifles (unless someone installs a bump stock), but they are more popular and apparently, more scary looking.

Follow the money- how much do you think the manufacturers pay the states in taxes? Would you, as a legislator, be able to satisfy your constituents after you shut down a company that pays huge sums in taxes and shifts the burden to private property owners? Disagree if you want, but when people are successful in driving out a source of concern and it hits them in the pocketbook, they're not happy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Human nature- that's what makes people want what they can't have, may lose or might be made more difficult to acquire. It also makes people want to "be just like everyone else".

Why are you concerned with semi-automatics? The AR is no more dangerous than many other rifles (unless someone installs a bump stock), but they are more popular and apparently, more scary looking.

Follow the money- how much do you think the manufacturers pay the states in taxes? Would you, as a legislator, be able to satisfy your constituents after you shut down a company that pays huge sums in taxes and shifts the burden to private property owners? Disagree if you want, but when people are successful in driving out a source of concern and it hits them in the pocketbook, they're not happy.
This message was provided to you by the NRA. :p

highfigh

highfigh

This message was provided to you by the NRA. :p
Bull shyte. I have never been, nor will I ever be, a member or follower of the NRA. If you read my comments about them, you would see that I am anything BUT a follower or someone who thinks they do what they once did- they're far from useful and in fact, are a large part of the problem in causing people to think the end is near, that they need a freaking arsenal and that it's only a matter of days before the government comes to take our guns.

Show me where I was wrong in that post.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Bull shyte. I have never been, nor will I ever be, a member or follower of the NRA. If you read my comments about them, you would see that I am anything BUT a follower or someone who thinks they do what they once did- they're far from useful and in fact, are a large part of the problem in causing people to think the end is near, that they need a freaking arsenal and that it's only a matter of days before the government comes to take our guns.

Show me where I was wrong in that post.
The standard rifle is no more dangerous than the AR15?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

just didn't know where to post this up. I'll delete if it's offensive to anyone.
here's the thread on the subject ........

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
here's the thread on the subject ........

Thanks Mike, I'm moving it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis