Can I daisy chain subs?

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
The question I have is. I have two Def-Tech powered subs now. I am purchasing 2 BP9040 towers which have powered subs in them. Can I use a splitters to connect my stand alone subs with the built in subs on the BP9040’s. Will this cause any signal loss with the LFE channel?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The question I have is. I have two Def-Tech powered subs now. I am purchasing 2 BP9040 towers which have powered subs in them. Can I use a splitters to connect my stand alone subs with the built in subs on the BP9040’s. Will this cause any signal loss with the LFE channel?
You can, but depending on which subs, you might not want to.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Are the subs near the towers? What model AVR? What model Subs? Commonly you can use y cables to split the sub mono signal at the AVR once or twice. It is also possible to split the signal again with another y cable at first sub and extend to the other sub with a single sub Rca if that make sense in wire runs or if one run is via a wireless sub kit. And also I have had some subs that require an additional y cable at the sub to increase the input voltage depending on AVR and sub auto on voltage requirements. Y cables are like $8 each or near that.

It also possible on certain subs to use proprietary in out chaining or master slave chaining. I don’t think Def Tech does that method though.

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
Are the subs near the towers? What model AVR? What model Subs? Commonly you can use y cables to split the sub mono signal at the AVR once or twice. It is also possible to split the signal again with another y cable at first sub and extend to the other sub with a single sub Rca if that make sense in wire runs or if one run is via a wireless sub kit. And also I have had some subs that require an additional y cable at the sub to increase the input voltage depending on AVR and sub auto on voltage requirements. Y cables are like $8 each or near that.

It also possible on certain subs to use proprietary in out chaining or master slave chaining. I don’t think Def Tech does that method though.

Thanks for the reply. The AVR is a Denon avrx4300h. It does have 2 lfe outputs,which I am using now. The stand alone subs will be about 8 ft from the towers. The one question other than can I daisy chain them is when I run the room correction eq, how will it set the subs or will the towers still need to be set to small?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the reply. The AVR is a Denon avrx4300h. It does have 2 lfe outputs,which I am using now. The stand alone subs will be about 8 ft from the towers. The one question other than can I daisy chain them is when I run the room correction eq, how will it set the subs or will the towers still need to be set to small?
I’ll let the Denon owners answer that part but a RCA Y cable on each AVR sub out gets you 4 sub cables. :)

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
Also the Def-Tech subs are a Pro-1000 and a Prosub 200TL.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis