Cambridge soundworks

G

<font color='#000000'>As I stated I another post I am looking at the newton series M80 bookshelfs

My question is has anyone had some experiance with this line of speaker and might be able to list some pros and cons I have not had much luck finding any kind of review for these they are biwireable
here is the technical info

Any help would be great

SPEAKER TYPE BOOKSHELF
ENCLOSURE TYPE BASS REFLEX
CABINET FINISH SLATE, MAHOGANY, BLONDE MAPLE
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 40Hz - 22kHz
MIN/MAX POWER 10 WATTS / 150 WATTS
SENSITIVITY 86dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 OHMS
MAGNETICALLY SHIELDED YES
TWEETER SIZE ¾&quot;
TWEETER TYPE DOME
TWEETER FERROFLUID COOLING YES
TWEETER MATERIAL NATURAL FIBER
MID-RANGE SIZE 3½&quot;
MID-RANGE TYPE CONE
MID-RANGE FERROFLUID COOLING NO
MID-RANGE MATERIAL INJECTION MOLDED POLYMER
WOOFER SIZE 8&quot;
WOOFER TYPE CONE
WOOFER MATERIAL INJECTION MOLDED COPOLYMER
HI-LEVEL INPUT (SUBWOOFER) NOT APPLICABLE
HI-LEVEL OUTPUT (SUBWOOFER) NOT APPLICABLE
LINE-LEVEL INPUT (SUBWOOFER) NOT APPLICABLE
SUBWOOFER DIMENSIONS NOT APPLICABLE
CONNECTORS GOLD-PLATED BINDING POSTS
MOUNTING BRACKETS NONE
DIMENSIONS 18&quot;H X 10&quot;W X 10¼&quot;D
WEIGHT 28 LBS. (EACH)
WARRANTY 10 YRS

www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=spk_bookshelf&amp;item=klm80zzz-micro[/IMG]</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>In general, their stuff is good. CW has a 45 day money back satsifaction guarantee, and they're good at honoring their policies (they replaced my 5 year old subwoofer gratis, no hassle, under their 7 year warranty). Try them, preferably A–B-ing them with another speaker you're considering, or with a well-regarded speaker in the same general price/type category such as the small PSB Alpha, and send them back within the 45 days for full refund if they're not up to snuff. Save the boxes, of course!

There are so many speakers out there that finding reviews or other users of a particular one can be difficult.

Whoah, they have a 10 year warranty now? Cool!

Late breaking news: just got the new Consumer Reports and they put the Newton M80's at the top of the heap, but interestingly a Sony (# SS- MB350H) @ only US$100/pr. was second. That and the Cambridge Model Six @ US$150 rated a Best Buy.

FWIW, Consumer Reports may not always be right, but they are the only ones (in the US) doing anything like objective testing of &quot;mass-market&quot; gear right now.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis