Calculations says I need a power amp with 250 watts for KEF R11.

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
View attachment 55243

Calculations say I need a power amp with 250 watts for KEF R11 if I want to listen to music at 105db with some headroom. I sit about 10 feet from the speakers.
Is it possible to just use a power amp (without preamp) to connect to my receiver AVR 4400H? Do I need to buy an integrated amp or power amp + preamp to get HT bypass? If don't buy a power amp(without preamp) without HT bypass, what will be my problem?
That avr model pushes really solid current. Should be able to drive you from the room. However, when I put my new R3 pair on an extremely powerful amp (700 wpc @ 4 ohm, they blossomed. Effortless low end. Like a big tower stuffed into a bookshelf.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That avr model pushes really solid current. Should be able to drive you from the room. However, when I put my new R3 pair on an extremely powerful amp (700 wpc @ 4 ohm, they blossomed. Effortless low end. Like a big tower stuffed into a bookshelf.
I highly doubt you'd be able to hear a difference in an honest dbt comparison. Unless you mean at volumes beyond driving you out of the room...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis