cake shop owner, the Pope, and LGBTQ

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The cake shop owner was the one in Colorado who refused to make a cake for a gay couple getting married. He won the case, and while agreeing with that, it is for different reasons. They keep using their religion as their basis, but really it's just discrimination. Now if it's an essential store like grocery or hardware that is an entirely different matter because that would be a matter of survival over the necessities. However, it doesn't sound quite as good when you say "I" don't approve of gays, and by using religion it sounds a whole lot better. There's also the question of Is this really what God would advocate? The owner did offer the couple a cookie. I suppose that's something.:rolleyes:

Despite having reverted back I still feel the need to give the Pope credit. He said something along the lines of God made you this way, but I doubt it. More importantly he said God loves you too and You should love gays too. Maybe it was a smoke screen. I dunno. The catholic church still has their position on homosexuals, but that he said it I give him credit. "He's not my pope!" I have a feeling I know why that person opposes this pope.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Marriage is under attack!

I remember that line from a conservative. It isn't true though: no one is stopping traditional marriage from happening. It was a matter of allowing gays to marry. I find the term civil unions by conservatives to be insulting. A majority believes in this, and the minority believes in that kind of marriage. I'd need evidence of the contagion theory. Privately parents are already protecting their children from it. Yet some of them are the most beautiful people I've seen. There sense of dress and color (ie Elton John). I don't think they like it though, the flamboyance etc and will quietly try to suppress it. I think God would want you to love gays too. Or to try your best to. The rest is survival instincts kicking in.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think A LOT of marriage would have been cleared up had they allowed traditional and non-traditional churches to go their own way on it. Ultimately to give state rights the choice. If your state opposes it, move to a state that does, or legislate for it.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Marriage is under attack!

I remember that line from a conservative. It isn't true though: no one is stopping traditional marriage from happening. It was a matter of allowing gays to marry. I find the term civil unions by conservatives to be insulting. A majority believes in this, and the minority believes in that kind of marriage. I'd need evidence of the contagion theory. Privately parents are already protecting their children from it. Yet some of them are the most beautiful people I've seen. There sense of dress and color (ie Elton John). I don't think they like it though, the flamboyance etc and will quietly try to suppress it. I think God would want you to love gays too. Or to try your best to. The rest is survival instincts kicking in.
Why does Elton John (a British guy) try to sound like a twangy American redneck in most of his songs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis