Cadence X-Sub's Higher Range

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....a Cadence X-Sub is rated up to 250 hz....I ask someone to try the higher range on their Cadence X-Sub and report....it will require sending full-range signals to the sub with cutting at sub-level, or an LFE cut of 250, but you want the sub's ability to cut below 250 at all times....see what it sounds like at 100, 150, 200, and 250, and I will owe you a favor.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jaxvon said:
Still cannon shopping?
.....sure might try a Cadence, Jaxvon....you know where the best deal is?....to build small cannons would bring the need for amplification, which I'd stay matched, and a 250 dollar Behringer unit, and maybe twooooo....there's about $1600 on top of the boxes and elements....I'd like to listen to a Cadence....but I wish an owner would test it's top and report......

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
mulester7 said:
.....sure might try a Cadence, Jaxvon....you know where the best deal is?....to build small cannons would bring the need for amplification, which I'd stay matched, and a 250 dollar Behringer unit, and maybe twooooo....there's about $1600 on top of the boxes and elements....I'd like to listen to a Cadence....but I wish an owner would test it's top and report......
From the posts I have read the Cadence gets boomy when used that high, and works really well when crossed at 60hz or lower. But who knows. With a Behringer unit in play it could be a different story.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
anamorphic96 said:
From the posts I have read the Cadence gets boomy when used that high, and works really well when crossed at 60hz or lower. But who knows. With a Behringer unit in play it could be a different story.
.....thanks, Anamorphic....there would be no Behringer unit using a Cadence X-Sub....the sub would cut the top, and the signal would show up bottom-cut at 50....hopefully a Cadence X-Sub would hold together as high as 175-200 hz.....sure wish someone who owns one would check and see....

Last edited:
Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I did a search for Cadence X-Sub and couldn't find anything. Anyone have their website URL? Thanks.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
might wanna try looking around over at the avs forums. There seems to be frquent Cadence talk over there.

Been on the fences with this one myself. I'm trying to find the diamond in the rough if you know what I mean. But I would be be crossing over my sub at around 60hz or lower since my Energy C1's are quite strong to this point.

Cheers

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I'm putting a new (Cadence) driver in my 2nd one next week. I'll be tweaking them both and am willing to do the test. Not sure if I understand your methodology, but we can discuss it. I also doubt the specs on the driver. It's designed for the amp and I think does a great job to 80, but better to 60 if you want any transparency. If you just want to measure output, I'll give it a whirl.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis