Cadence X-sub ver2?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure if this was posted here or not, but saw it on another forum yesterday, so I thought I'd toss it out here for your pleasure:

Just a quick posting that the improved Cadence XSUB12 is now in stock. They are available on the Cadence website and will be up on ebay today at 6:00 PM PST.

Overview:
New noise rejection circuitry, includes rerouting of preamp signal cables inside the amplifier and new improved shielded cabling for the preamp wiring. The last units were great, the complaints about noise on the last 500 sold were down to less than 10 units, but this should cure all the issues. We didn’t think it was an issue on the last batch, but we choose to make improvement anyway.

Price is still $249 with free shipping.
On the Cadence website you can try to apply coupon code save5. It did not work for me earlier today but should be running tomorrow.

Enjoy.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
After 5 days of riding the phone with EMBARQ and Earthlink tech support, fixing all their glitches in my new inet/email system, this olde man feels like lecturing this afternoon. My apologies in advance.

(EDIT: I won't mention the problems with the EMBARQ cell service signup gone bad. Take these phones and....*&%&%^ #%^.)

This X-sub issue is a perfect example of why people need to audition equipment for themselves and keep recommendations from others at arm's length until the audition. Perhaps pro-reviews are more reliable, but I'd wager not by much. They only get one sample to test...not a significant sampling by anyone's statistical analysis. But at least the pro-review may provide verification of (one unit's) performance against manufacturer's claims.

The Cadence X-sub came highly recommended from members of this forum and other places and yet had a high defect rate. That the company was able to reduce the final run to only 10 unacceptable noise producers (complaints/returns...not defective units) out of 500 and find it acceptable is worthy of a spin job in the political world. I truly hope the new version is a quality rig, deserving of the price tag. And I'm cheered to know that Cadence customer service stepped up, somewhat, to correct the problem.

One needs to be especially aware when someone says, "I've heard that YYY is great.", or "the reviews say YYY delivers clarity...". Personal experience trumps that kind of advice every time. But it's still not enough. The a/v world is filled with competition...some ethical, some not, some quality equipment, some not. Caveat emptor. Do the research...it's your money.

Good cheer.

The Grump

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have heard the original, and it was decent, but about what I expected for the price too. It also DID have noticable hum... In my eyes, they don't have a good track record in terms of quality, but what they said was, they buy these already built from overseas and they just sell them, they don't QC them. So, yes, caveat emptor.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
j_garcia said:
what they said was, they buy these already built from overseas and they just sell them, they don't QC them.
Yeow-w-w. They'll sell any old thing without checking quality in order to make a buck, eh? I guess they don't give two whits about their good :)eek: ) name. And double yeow, something tells me this is not uncommon in modern American business practice. Whatcha think, John?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis