Cadence help...add sub

irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
I have a jl audio sub that I want to run through my amp on my cadence and it has a Line in but i tried it and it doesnt work? is this to just run speakers and not subs? I can run the sub throught the fronts because then i have to re reun my whole room, help please

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
irishmcmorgan said:
I have a jl audio sub that I want to run through my amp on my cadence and it has a Line in but i tried it and it doesnt work? is this to just run speakers and not subs? I can run the sub throught the fronts because then i have to re reun my whole room, help please
I'm a little confused. Is this JL audio sub a HT "powered" sub? Are you just looking for a signal? If so, a "Y" adaptor is all you may need. If not, please clarify.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What Buckeye said. Can you describe the other sub in more detail? Is it a raw driver or a passive or powered sub? Line in is exactly what it says; a line level INPUT, so you aren't going to get anything OUT of it. If this is a raw driver, a line level out will not do anything either without an amplifier for that signal. No sub that I've seen will output a powered signal to drive something else, so trying to use the X-sub's amp to power something else simultaneously isn't going to work.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis