Cables bought from Pacific Cable

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
Based on Rob Babcock's recomendation, I purchased 5 sets of cables from Pacific Cable.

1, 12 ft Python Audio Video Cables ($16.00)

2, 12 Ft. S-VHS Audio - Video Cable - Gold (12.00)

1, 3 RCA Video/Audio R / Audio L 12 Ft. (10.00)

The Python, as you can see, was a very heavy set of 5 cables, all strands connected together, and rivialed any 60-100 dollar set of cables that I could have purchased elsewhere. I was very impressed with the Python cables. I had the clearest DVD connection to My Dad's new Hitachi 51F510, that I have ever seen in a TV.

The S-VHS (S-video) are well made, standard sized cables with gold connectors on the ends. No super thick guage cable, but they were well made, and did the job flawlessly.

Same with the RCA Video/L/R cable. The video cable is about twice as thick as the L & R audio connection.

I think that the Python cable could "hold it's own" against a lot of these high end expensive cables. While I have no measuring equipment, I was very happy with the cable, and would reccommend them highly!

I talked to someone over the phone about the other cables, and he said (I am paraphrasing here) that while there is nothing exotic about the cables, they are just well made cables that meet the spec's for the required task. He said that unless you had some special conditions, bigger, heavier, more expensive cables would not transfer any "more" data or transfer it any "better".

They worked just fine, although they were not impressive looking like the Python.

My cost was about 68 bucks, including shipping, whereas I could have spend several hundred dollars on similar cables.

Again, I think that the Python cables could stand up to any other Component / RCA cables.

The other cables are just well made, inexpensive cables. (I had very clear noise free connections) If you have a need for thicker cables, look elsewhere (or use the Python!)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis