Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
That’s me! Scared to go to the bathroom

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
They could at least say before or after noon. Still waiting....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know which sub you got, but we'll assume over one hour with no follow-up means you've giggled yourself to death!

It was good knowing ya!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I don't know which sub you got, but we'll assume over one hour with no follow-up means you've giggled yourself to death!
It was good knowing ya!
Second SVS PB1000
Naw, hooked everything up and ran Audyssey, then had to run errands.
Audyssey has one sub minus 10.5, the other -11.5. I’ll have to play with it a few days to get the earth to move.
I can’t seem to post a picture, file too large.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Watched Venom on Directv, and Bumblebee on Blu-Ray. I raised the Audyssey setting by 3 db’s and they bring the noise.
I realized I need to find out what they are doing.

How do I figure out what they are doing?
I have speakers set to small LFE set to 120, speakers set to small crossover set to 120.
Subs set to LFE, gain at 12:00 on the dial.

Is this where I get to purchase more gear?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Watched Venom on Directv, and Bumblebee on Blu-Ray. I raised the Audyssey setting by 3 db’s and they bring the noise.
I realized I need to find out what they are doing.

How do I figure out what they are doing?
I have speakers set to small LFE set to 120, speakers set to small crossover set to 120.
Subs set to LFE, gain at 12:00 on the dial.

Is this where I get to purchase more gear?
Sadly, yes, you will need to purchase gear to find out what the subs are doing. You will need a measurement mic at the very least. Get a USB measurement mic and a copy of Room EQ Wizard.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The guy at SVS suggested corner loading to get deeper response. I went mid front because I want tighter bass for music.
He also suggested that -10 settings from Audyssey was too much. He advised starting at zero and going down. I am at -5.

Attachments

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just short of getting the mic, REW, and learning how to do measurements, I still like the crude technique of doing the Subwoofer Crawl for finding good spots. :) If you do that, and locate 2-3 good spots for your subs, you will be in a good place!
I'm still going to learn testing, soon, too. But my ears helped get me where I am today. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis