buzz noise located..now what?

S

sman

Audiophyte
hi folks, i have a sony str k750p.. about 1 1/2 yrs old. tracked a buzzing sound to power supply ( bando bd21a20-0015bf) . question: is there a place i can buy a replacement? or is it cheaper to replace receiver? thanks steve

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Not worth fixing. I seem to be hearing a lot of people having problems with Sony these days.

Upgrade to a Yamaha 5730, I've seen them online for $160, and it is much better quality than the Sony.

MasterChief

MasterChief

Junior Audioholic
Yea it probably woulndt be worth fixing since you buy the part then pay for the work usually unless its an expensive equipment or u can do it yourself its not worth getting fixed. Like sugested alot of good recievers for good prices.Sony is not that great. so good luck.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
My Sony STR DE 925 still works. Bought it in 1993. Great entry level receiver.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
sman said:
hi folks, i have a sony str k750p.. about 1 1/2 yrs old. tracked a buzzing sound to power supply ( bando bd21a20-0015bf) . question: is there a place i can buy a replacement? or is it cheaper to replace receiver? thanks steve

How did you come to this conclusion?
This web site frowns on advising to enter live components for troublshooting ;)
But since you must have, what do you have to do to make it go away? Is it a mounting problem or the wafers are rattling, delaminated?
Call or email Sony about the cost and or fix :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis