Budget Soundbar for Apartment

H

Huskie35

Audiophyte
Hey guys,

I will be moving into an apartment for college in the next few weeks, and want to get the best bang for my poor college student buck! I currently have a Samsung 46" 4665f LCD TV, and would like the best soundbar and woofer combo I can get for under $400. The reason for going with the soundbar is the fact that I will only be cozy 10x9 room, and also, I hear that it is the most cost effective way of getting close to surround sound quality without the high price.

I have read, and done some research, and as of now, I am looking at the Polk Audio SDA soundbar ($340) and the Boston Acoustics Tvee soundbar ($240). However, I am totally open for suggestions. I have no problem buying off eBay, so if the soundbar could be had for under $400 there, it is fair game.

I should also mention that I already have a PS3, so no DVD or blu-ray player is necessary. The main uses for my TV are for watching sports, playing video games, and watching DVD's and Blu-rays.

Thats about all I can think to include as of now, but if you have any more questions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

H

Huskie35

Audiophyte
I am now considering the Vizio sound bar and wireless sub combo.

Any opinions on this set up?

Also, do any of you know if the polk soundbar will give true 5.1 sound?

R

ryneex

Audiophyte
I have a zvox 325 and it i love it. Its best feature is the dialogue is perfect the built in sub puts out a good amount of bass too. Look into the 325 or the 575 on ebay. Ive seen the 325 for 200 and the 575 for 500.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis