catacon

catacon

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,
I've been looking into getting a projector for my "home theater". My budget is around $650-700. I have been looking at getting either a refurbished InFocus SP4805 or a Sharp XR-10X. I've been leaning towards the SP4805 because it's a home theater projector not a business one, but I know a lot of people swear by the Sharp. I would sitting 6-9 feet away from the screen for a 41"-62" diagnal screen (being 2x the width of the screen away) and I will be running this from a computer.

Would a TV work better for my budget/situation? I know I can get an extended warranty on a refurb SP4805 (I checked with InFocus), but does anyone know about the Sharp? Also, what kind of warranty should I get, just the lamp or a full, and for how long? Last question, are there any other projectors I should look at?

EDIT
I saw the BenQ W100 just now on Newegg and have been reading reviews on it. It sounds nice. It's not very high resolution, but has native 16:9, digital in, and long lamp like and the price ($700) is quite nice. Does anyone know about this projector?

Thanks!

PS
It comes with a free 20" monitor.

Last edited:
H

HTHOLIC

Audioholic
Your primary use is for a computer, and not for playing movies- check out cnet's computer reviews for computer projectors (their ht projector reviews dont consist of many projectors- only a few of them).

They even have a geek box- where they measure color temperature, grayscale caration, primary colors, overscan, and all those technical aspects.

catacon

catacon

Audioholic Intern
I will be watching movies on this. I won't use it for much TV or gaming.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis