Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I bought a Frigidaire washing machine from a local small business (Hudson Appliance) in Ma. A higher end front load. When they delivered it I noticed that they had the hot and cold water reversed. Then I noticed they charged me for the dryer power cord but used my old dryer cord.
OK these things happen.
4 months in and the washer is vibrating so much it knocks anything on it off and moves. I call repair and they tell me I am using the wrong detergent. Then they say I am putting to much laundry in. Then I am told I am not putting enough laundry in.
After hitting the roof and calling and email, a few smoke signals. They got back to me. Finally came back out and said they think the panel on the door needs to be replaced. All goes good for about 5 months and now it is right back where it was to start only now they say oh sorry it’s out of warrantee and you will have to pay for service. Now they want to “find the source” of the vibrations. Hell why would you want to try and find the source of the problem when it is under warrantee. I hate when you try and use a small business to try and help the small guy only to have them try to screw you.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You want to screw with them? It's simple, send them an e-mail that you're reporting them to your local BBB, then you're sending a letter to local tv station and then to local newspaper.....then follow up with threat. If your local tv channel has a consumer "advocate" (you know the reporter that catches scumbags ripping off consumers)let him know. As for legal recourse if you can prove that the problem was never repaired properly while under warranty you might have a case, maybe in small claims court.

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
stratman said:
send them an e-mail that you're reporting them to your local BBB
That is definitely a good place to start.

rmongiovi

Junior Audioholic
agarwalro said:
That is definitely a good place to start.
No. Forget the email. Send them a complaint letter, carbon copied to the BBB. Use a style manual (or download the correct form document for Word) and make it businesslike. Use the correct "cc: " annotation on the letter so that they know it was carbon copied. Email isn't serious. Snail mail is. That paper trail makes it real.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
rmongiovi said:
No. Forget the email. Send them a complaint letter, carbon copied to the BBB. Use a style manual (or download the correct form document for Word) and make it businesslike. Use the correct "cc: " annotation on the letter so that they know it was carbon copied. Email isn't serious. Snail mail is. That paper trail makes it real.

QFE. It's the real deal that always matters.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Guys: e-mail can be considered a legal document just like faxes, If you want to go one better, check with an attorney, sometimes, for a nominal fee they'll write a legal letter for you and that with their letterhead is very attention getting.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis