broken rx-z1 any electricians here?

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
broken rx-v1 any electricians here?

i'm thinking about buying a rx-v1that's broken, as i have a lot of electronics repair experience but i was wondering, just being interested, if anyone knows if it has mulit-layer pc boards or if they're single layer. it would be great if anyone knows, thanks!

Last edited:
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
parkerbender said:
i'm thinking about buying a rx-v1that's broken, as i have a lot of electronics repair experience but i was wondering, just being interested, if anyone knows if it has mulit-layer pc boards or if they're single layer. it would be great if anyone knows, thanks!

I'd about guarantee they are multi layer. As a matter of fact with that one you are going to be playing swaptronix. I'm sure there is very little component troubleshooting you can do. What is it doing?

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
well, it had a corner broke off of a pcboard, the guy said that it would power on and everything would work for a few seconds, then go to protect mode, i lost the auction anyway though, is $300 too much for a broken, 5 year old reciever?

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
parkerbender said:
well, it had a corner broke off of a pcboard, the guy said that it would power on and everything would work for a few seconds, then go to protect mode, i lost the auction anyway though, is $300 too much for a broken, 5 year old reciever?

YES it is.

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
that's what i decided, so i think i'll probably buy a marantz off of ubid, i just hate to go away from yamaha, but my next upgrade is too expensive, i have a 5640 and would love a 1500, or even a 2500 but they're bringing 550 and 700 respectively on ebay, which is just a bit out of my price range. if anyone has a great suggestion on a decent reciever obtainable for about 500 with at least v1500 performance, fire away!

K

kiran_sham

Junior Audioholic
I bought a new RX V1500 online for $525 including shipping :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis