Brett Favre Retires!

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Brett Favre retires after 17 seasons in the NFL. I have a lot of fond memories of his games and antics, and will always have the good times to remember of the few games that I went to. He said that anything less than winning the Superbowl would be a disappointment. And he says he's tired. I thank Brett for the great seasons he's given us, and may he enjoy his retirement fully with his family. Thanks Brett.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8070597b&template=with-video&confirm=true

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Man, Favre has been the Packers QB about half my life. I'm 34. I grew up watching a stumbling, bumbling Packer team throughout my childhood. They were a joke, but I watched every game for as far back as I can remember.

As a Packer fan, it is going to be a rough wake-up call when we realize how lucky we have been the last 17 or so years. He wasn't just one of the all-time greats, he was one of, if not the most entertaining athletes to watch ever.

I'm kind of bummed today. Yeah, it's only NFL football, but I love it. I love the joy it gives me, I love the pain it gives me. Favre gone will only serve to lessen the "hills and valleys" of the coming seasons...not as high of highs, and not as low of lows.

I am glad I was able to watch and remember the entire career of one of the all-time greats...geez, he NEVER missed a start. Never.

I've been lucky. I've grown up with Robin Yount in the first half of my life and Brett Favre the second half.

Thanks, Brett.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Man, Favre has been the Packers QB about half my life. I'm 34. I grew up watching a stumbling, bumbling Packer team throughout my childhood. They were a joke, but I watched every game for as far back as I can remember.

As a Packer fan, it is going to be a rough wake-up call when we realize how lucky we have been the last 17 or so years. He wasn't just one of the all-time greats, he was one of, if not the most entertaining athletes to watch ever.

I'm kind of bummed today. Yeah, it's only NFL football, but I love it. I love the joy it gives me, I love the pain it gives me. Favre gone will only serve to lessen the "hills and valleys" of the coming seasons...not as high of highs, and not as low of lows.

I am glad I was able to watch and remember the entire career of one of the all-time greats...geez, he NEVER missed a start. Never.

I've been lucky. I've grown up with Robin Yount in the first half of my life and Brett Favre the second half.

Thanks, Brett.
Two great players. I remember Yount (and Molitor and Gantner :)). That was a great time for the Brewers.

Yeah, I'm not one of those fair weather fans (there aren't too many of those with the Pack :)). I don't like it when the Pack loses, but I'm always a fan.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
He'll retire to his farm, beautiful family, his millions....what can you say the man is living the dream.

majorloser

majorloser

Figured it was going to happen. Especially after this year's playoffs.

Sorry to see him go. He's one of my favorite players.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
My favorite new trivia question.... Who caught the last pass of Brett Favre's career???

NY Giants CB Corey Webster :D:D:D:D

Seriously though- very sad to see Brett go, but I believe he'll be going out as close to on top as it was going to get.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
My favorite new trivia question.... Who caught the last pass of Brett Favre's career???

NY Giants CB Corey Webster :D:D:D:D

Seriously though- very sad to see Brett go, but I believe he'll be going out as close to on top as it was going to get.

Well, that's not a real positive, encouraging post aber. It reads more like an obituary. :eek:

He's going out with one ring, two trips, one game away from making it to the bowl this year, and so many records that it will take two quartbacks the next 20 years to quash them. And the humanity, personality and honesty about him. Understand that he was the oldest qb in the league this year, playing with the youngest team. There were times that seemed like half the players on the field were rookies. I don't call that "going out as close to on top as it was going to get."

He's a great player, and as human as he is, with all his foibles and imperfections, never strayed too far, and always stayed true to his family, himself and the Pack. It was a great run, and he leaves us with many great memories and things to talk about. :)

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Understand that he was the oldest qb in the league this year, playing with the youngest team. There were times that seemed like half the players on the field were rookies. I don't call that "going out as close to on top as it was going to get."
Well- I think the pinnacle of going out on top is winning the Super Bowl (ala John Elway), so Favre got just about as close as possible. I agree with everything you said though- what he did this year with such a young team, and especially after winning 12 games the previous 2 seasons combined and many in football calling for his retirement, that was absolutely awesome. I totally respect him as a player and as a person, and he'll be remembered as being part of the best-ever QB argument.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'd venture an opinion but it hasn't really sunk in yet. Brett was an amazing player and will definitely be missed.

For now, I just hope A-Rod can stay healthy. He's a talented QB who can get it done as long as he is on the field.

I think the consecutive starts record will stand for a long time. Football is a brutal game and it's a minor miracle that Brett played as much as he did.

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis