Bravo D1 and Plasma Monitor

A

AnAmericanInRome

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
Help!

I recently bought a V, Inc. Bravo D1 (DVI) player for my Samsung PS42P2S 42 inch Plasma Monitor.  My monitor does not have a DVI connector but I got the player due to its ability to play MPEG’S and JPEG’S slide shows, which I think are a plus, and maybe later on when I get a DVI monitor/TV I can use that particular feature.

I connected the player directly to my monitor through the Analog YPbPr video connectors and it gives a very vivid image (better than my progressive scan Sony DVD) the problem resides in when I attempt to scale the definition to 480p, 720p, or 1080i, it just does not work.  The image turns heavily distorted or goes into a black screen.  If I leave it without any alterations it works just fine, but I don’t know what definition I’m watching a DVD at.

I also recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V2400 Home Theater Receiver which has YPbPr in – out connectors and up converts incoming signals, so I’m hoping I can solve the scaling problem with this.

Help!  Any suggestions, ideas?

Also, I’m trying to get a good set of speakers for my receiver and I was thinking on the Infinity TSS-750 package but I haven’t seen too many reviews regarding this one, any comments?</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis