B

bray

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and just looking for a different perspective than the forum I normally post on.
So....
Any thoughts on Boston subs?? I have upgradeis fever bad, and saw a deal on a Boston sub and have not ever heard any pros or cons on them.

O

outsider

Audioholic
Personally, I have a rather low opinion of them. On the other hand, Boston has some excellent full range speakers.
Although I have never heard their high end subs, I have used their low end sub, and listened to a few of the mid-level subs. They were somewhat loud, but with a muddy sound.
Right now I am using Aperion's 8" sub with my Boston main speakers and the sound is great.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
I own and love Boston speakers but I am not that big on their subs. They are OK, but I have heard much better. You might look at Paradigm, HSU, SVS, REL, and Velodyne to name a few. I have yet to hear the SVS but they get great reviews. I have listened to a few models from all the others I mentioned and they all seem to be better subs than Boston, model for model. Of course this is just my opinion.

Shinerman.

Last edited:
O

outsider

Audioholic
Paradigm subs have nice sound. Far better than the Bostons. At one point I was considering the PW-2100.

Also, if you want a good value, definitely check out Aperion. You'll have to buy them online at www.aperionaudio.com but they ship for free and you can return it for free if you don't like it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis