Bose Wave Radio not working

D

djmarch

Audiophyte
I purchased a new Bose Wave Radio w/CD slot 2 years ago. This model is the one that operates only by remote. Been working great until today when I went down to my shop and tried to turn it on. Thought maybe I had a bad battery in my remote, so I replaced it with new. No such luck when trying to turn on. Hit the power button and screen hi-lites time, then ghosts. Display only shows time. Volume controls work in display using remote. Tuner does not. No radio. When trying other functions from the remote, a green dot appears at the bottom right corner of display.. Sometimes the screen goes dark when pushing functions on remote. Do I need a new remote ? Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I purchased a new Bose Wave Radio w/CD slot 2 years ago. This model is the one that operates only by remote. Been working great until today when I went down to my shop and tried to turn it on. Thought maybe I had a bad battery in my remote, so I replaced it with new. No such luck when trying to turn on. Hit the power button and screen hi-lites time, then ghosts. Display only shows time. Volume controls work in display using remote. Tuner does not. No radio. When trying other functions from the remote, a green dot appears at the bottom right corner of display.. Sometimes the screen goes dark when pushing functions on remote. Do I need a new remote ? Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
It sounds as if that unit is done for, "deceased and bereft of life". I would doubt those units are serviceable.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
You can try replacing the remote, but if that doesn’t work, then like TLS said – it’s done.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Does this have a removable power cord? If so, make sure it's plugged in fully. Also, make sure the outlet's wiring is intact- I have seen outlet connections fail and cause all kinds of odd behavior.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have one and it plays fine when I actually listen to it. Which is hardly ever and my main rig sounds sooo much better. Right now, it's just an overpriced digital alarm clock. Thankfully I bought it half price on QVC.

M

mehdisoroosh

Audiophyte
If the display only shows the time and none of the other functions are working properly, it could be related to either the remote or the radio itself. Since the volume controls work using the remote, it's possible that the remote is still functioning partially. However, if other functions like the tuner and radio aren't working, it might indicate a problem with the radio unit itself. Before jumping to conclusions about needing a new remote, you could try a few troubleshooting steps. First, make sure there are no obstructions blocking the infrared receiver on the radio unit that could be interfering with the signal from the remote. You could also try resetting the radio unit by unplugging it from power for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like the soft reset (i.e. unplug it from power) idea, and I'd also look thru the manual for a full factory reset option if the soft option doesn't work.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis