Bose Shutting Down ALL Retails Stores in the USA!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
a bit overpriced.
A bit overpriced? Forbes had it backwards when they said it sounds like a system costing 5 times more. It costs 5 times more than it ought to. I agree it sounds nice but it runs out of gas pretty fast for 500 bucks and that's standing 2 feet away.

Maybe 500 bucks means more to me than most members here ... well, that's actually a certainty so my level of Do Not Want is going to seem exaggerated. $1400 for the 901s is laughable. My favorite is when the 9 surrounds disintegrate in those beauties.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A bit overpriced? Forbes had it backwards when they said it sounds like a system costing 5 times more. It costs 5 times more than it ought to. I agree it sounds nice but it runs out of gas pretty fast for 500 bucks and that's standing 2 feet away.

Maybe 500 bucks means more to me than most members here ... well, that's actually a certainty so my level of Do Not Want is going to seem exaggerated. $1400 for the 901s is laughable. My favorite is when the 9 surrounds disintegrate in those beauties.
Ok maybe quite a bit overpriced. :) But those 901s sure looked good back in the late 70s early 80s. Luckily I couldn't afford them and had to settle for some New Advents. I had a friend back then who owned large Maggies and he called the 901s "birdcages":D

Last edited:
Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
If I hear one more comment about Bose making good products. Really come on people, Bose is, has and always will be low quality junk.
But at least they stick to their sales motto-
1579308200131.png

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This could be a case of the Internet killing something. Word is out on Bose now. More and more people are realizing they're overpriced plastic junk.
There like those cheap plastic stereos I posted from goodwill haha I hope they go out Of buisiness there products have low low quality paper drivers that cost pennies to make in China

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like Fry's isn't far behind. The shelves were getting pretty bare for a large warehouse store last time I visited...

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
That's simply not true.

ps Or is that the whole truthslayer thing in your id?
Guess we just have different standards as to what qualifies as a good product. ;)
It's their marketing that's kept them in business this long, not hifi quality .

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

My thoughts exactly. My nephew has a JBL BT speaker and it sounds every bit as good as the wave radio. And it didn’t cost 150 bucks. What’s always fried me about blose is just like you referenced. The commercial that told people they could replace a whole rack of gear with this little box, and still have this room filling amazing sound. A) shame on people for being so gullible, but B) shame on blose for the shameless marketing. It’s like Toyota telling people they can replace their Porsche with a Prius and still go 0-60 in 5sec AND it will cost less, take up less garage space and be cheaper to insure. They naturally leave out the douche factor though...
I don’t mind that things are expensive. But it should be for good reason. If it’s worth it, fine it’s the price of admission. But imo, Fukk blose, I won’t miss em, if they go way except that I won’t have as much fodder when I want to attack con artists. Today’s marketing machine is not the same company the good Dr. started.

S

ssmaudio

Audioholic Intern
Look, when it comes to Sound quality and Fidelity, they were never that good. For comparison, Sennheiser at the same price point are much better. So am not surprised with the news.

from a purely tribal perspective, I’m a bit sorry that they’re clearly having trouble (Bose was from Bengal in India’s as am I). But to be honest. Only a tiny bit.

ClairET

Audioholic Intern
I have both their headphones and the previous generation Bluetooth speaker. Tried my damndest to find something else, but while we love to call their headphones and Bluetooth speakers overprice, I couldn’t find anything as comfortable on my head or wasn’t super bass heavy and muddy in Bluetooth speakers. If I did, the price was way higher.

Audiophile quality, hell no, but can’t say all of it is junk. Not my (our) cup of tea for the most part. I wish the company I work for hired their marketing people though. Marketing is everything and Bose has for the most part knocked it out of the park. If the new AirPod Pro doesn’t give me listening fatigue on a long flight, their headphones may be out the door next. Just too big!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
"No Highs, No Lows. Therefore, All Bose Stores Must Close." :D
Well they had a long run honestly I didn’t know they still had shoes stores ....
I guess the worse your speakers are the more you gotta charge .!;@ nfl is keeping Bose Alive all I see are coaches in nfl and college football wearing them ?

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Way back in the day the 501s weren't terrible but were overpriced. Disclosure I never owned any Bose speakers (or any other Bose product) but did listen to some of them...

N

Noelsmith001

Audiophyte
I cannot understand why people are always on the go about Bose. What is so hard to understand about Bose using their own technologies to sell their product? Bose systems are sold on how they sound to the customer. Not on fancy spec sheets that are sometimes more than what the average Joe can understand. When you buy a car, you buy it because of the way it feels when you drive it. Same with a Bose system, you buy it based on how it sounds to you. This nonsense about "No highs or lows" is utter BS. Every manufacture of Sound Systems has their own technologies that are used to make the system appealing. Bose has it as well. All manufactures have their own "EQ's" that they use to make their system or components more appealing. Bose makes it simple for the client. If you like the sound, buy it.No need to worry about sensitivity or output being RMS or peak. If you like it, buy it. SIMPLE.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis