Bose Acoutimass 10 vs Mirage AVS-200's

S

sportjeeptj99

Audiophyte
Hello all,

Looking for a little advice. Moved into a new home and previous owner left a bose Acoustimass 10 IV in the family room. Room is about 20 by 15 so not very big. I have been using them for a while and they are as we all know, not the best. I have a 5.1 setup of some older Mirage AVS-200's/100 and a Mirage FRX-s8 sub. Any opinions on if I can get the bose to sound better then the Mirage's. All of them are older speakers, but no budget to upgrade at this point. I have a new Denon-s930h receiver since my old onkyo just kicked the can after 10 years.

Thanks

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Bose are what they are -- I would set the Mirage up in place of the Bose -- maybe try selling the Bose on Ebay or Craiglist

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I agree. Use the Mirage. Sell the Bose. :D

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Bose won't get any love around here and rightfully so, it shouldn't.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bose won't get any love around here and rightfully so, it shouldn't.

The only place Bose will get any love from is the NFL (since it is the "official speaker of the NFL" :eek:), Best Buy, Walmart, and other places that don't really know anything about good quality sound. :D

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The only place Bose will get any love from is the NFL (since it is the "official speaker of the NFL" :eek:), Best Buy, Walmart, and other places that don't really know anything about good quality sound. :D
Yes sir, the official headset of the NFL. Now that's big time marketing money.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
+1 for putting the mirage in place of the blose.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
If you’re looking for small speakers there are about 20 better options than Bose Acoustimess I could come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis