F

frdj

Audiophyte
my bose 321 series 1 won't startup anymore. What I did was update a us system with de european software and now it won't startup again and I can't remove the cd
What to do now.
I allready tried press the volume +, scan >>> and eject button at the same time when booting. Display lit up very dim. After that I tried on the remote pressing 9,4,shuffle,stop,mute.
I can't start the system. How to remove a cd by hand
Frank

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can't start the system. How to remove a cd by hand
Jamm a flat-head screwdriver into the void surrounding the tray and pry it back against the body of the main unit. If its a slot-loading unit (as opposed to a tray), insert a speculum or a set of screw retactors into the CD slot and rip that monkey open!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Seriously, call their tech support. They also didn't tell you this at the store, but 3*2*1 units have a very high (50%+) return rate. The local SEARS stopped selling them because everyonw would return them and it screwed up the comission cheques for the salesmen + extended warranties.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, if it's still under warranty, or even still fairly new, return it and act all indignant, like "why are you selling me this crap if it's not going to last!?!?"

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
The local SEARS stopped selling them because everyonw would return them and it screwed up the comission cheques for the salesmen + extended warranties.

Haha! Awesome! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bose at Sears? Wow, that IS scary. LOL, about the comission checks though.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Speaking of 3*2*1* I just had a return on one because it stopped reading cd's after <b>9 days</b> of ownership. But get this. The guy who brought it back was so adament that Bose was the best that he got a new one after I had told him was a stack of crap it was and got the extended warranty too. I really have to hand it to Bose for their marketing skills.

On the flip side, I actually kind of like their AM3 model (two cubes and a sub for stereo, not the true-surround like 321). For such a little unit, it sounds decent actually and would probably go well in an office or something where you need something really small that has semi good sound.

~Chuck

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
And it only cost $2000 (j/k). :rolleyes: I love the thread title, because everytime I read it, I always think it says "Bose 321 SUCK" :D LOL

Bose builds and markets their products for the average person, and that's who buys their stuff.

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I always think it says "Bose 321 SUCK"
No that is just their new slogan. As long as there are people that are completely uneducated, that make spurr of the moment descions, companys like BOSE will be sucessful. I think that BOSE needs to get together with some of those ultra high end cable manufactures and really start screwing some people. I think I'm going to call my stockbroker and invest heavily into bose.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

I really hope their planned car-suspension systems work better than their Videostage 5 does.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
No they aren't 2k haha.

The 321 is $999 and the 321GS (smaller speakers) is $1299.

Still not cheap... But the Sony version of it is also $999 and I was surprised that it acutally sounds better than the Bose! Go Sony! :rolleyes:

~Chuck

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Heh, well JVC makes some good sounding small stereos as well, if 2-channel is your thing.

I also heard the Denon 2.1 mini system is pretty nice, if you don't mind a huge freaking subwoofer.

As for the Bose...I'd steer clear. Only Bose I would touch is their PA speakers, those aren't too bad...but they aren't anything spectacular either.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
mustang_steve said:
if you don't mind a huge freaking subwoofer.
Mind one? Isn't that the whole point?

"Honey, what's that parked in the driveway."
"The box from our new sub."
"But you said it was small?!"
"It is, compared to the one I REALLY wanted."

Beep....beep....beep

"Honey, what's that noise?"
"That's just the forklift backing up."
"Forklift?!"
"Yeah, I got to get this sucker onto the couch so I can crawl around for best location. I mean, you don't expect me to move it twice right?! Duh!"

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis