K

Keith_t4e

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'm almost certainly going to get the 301s. &nbsp;I am, however, listening to JBL bookshelfs. &nbsp;any opionions about these speakers?</font>

D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I own a pair of 301's.  They're not so good.  

I recommend you check out some different speaker shops, something with higher-end names than Best Buy.  For the money you'll spend on the 301's, you can get something much more accurrate.  And they'll still fill the room up, don't worry.</font>

K

Keith_t4e

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>give me some advice on an alternative----klipse, boston acoustic etc. &nbsp;what is good for mostly CD, Radio listening etc.</font>

D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I don't have a whole lot of experience listening to those brands, but I've definitely heard good things about both.
My dad and a friend of mine both own Bostons and they sound pretty good from what I can tell.

Paradigm and Axiom are 2 manufacturers that I like to recommend, but I do so with reservations as speaker preferences are highly subjective.  

I found the reviews on this site helpful in getting me started when I was putting together my home theater (which is mostly used for music):
http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/index.php</font>

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>You must listen to whatever it is you decide on and as long as you are happy with the sound for price paid that is what matters.That said here are some to try.

Axiom M3Ti, M22Ti or M2i Axiom has 30 day return policy all you pay is return shipping

Paradigm Minimon

Definitive Tech Monit 100

You can compare any speaker in the same price range and the 301 will lose 98% off the time</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If you can compare the sound of most Hi-Fi speakers out there with a b-o-o-z-e, you'de be amazed at how a company can market a lousy product at such a price point.  Problem is, i don't know of any b-o-o-z-e distribution or sales outlet that will allow such a comparison.  Mostly likely, they have their own little nook in a mall with well-accoustically engineered listening rooms to impress the uninformed consumer.  You just can't do a side by side comparison. &nbsp;I don't know about you area, but that's how it is where I live.</font>

K

Keith_t4e

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>can you only purchase Axiom directly from them. &nbsp;Is the Millinnia M22ti a good speaker? &nbsp;It looks sharp.</font>

K

Keith_t4e

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>the m22ti is a 22 watt speaker. &nbsp;I'm probably only going to get a 110 watt or so reciever. will it push it. &nbsp;The
Axiom site really pushes the powered subwoofer. &nbsp;How important is that? &nbsp;thank you</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>That is its max power rating. Many speakers also have a minimum power rating. While most speakers will sound their best with a high powered, high current amp, a true 100wpc amp will do just fine. Be aware of amps/receivers that claim to be 100wpc for,say, $299 or less. They are all cheaply powered &amp; WONT drive a quality speaker. A quality 100wpc amp/receiver will have some weight to it due to the size of its power supply. For example, I had a Yamaha RX-V620 receiver (5.1, 100 wpc) which weighs about 24 lbs. After listening to it for 2 years (I just upgraded), I would say that,although it sounded good, it had only an average power supply.
&nbsp;You really should read the editor reviews &amp; guidelines on this site as I find the fundamentals they discuss when looking for equipment are rock solid.

GL

zipper</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I forgot. In regards to the sub, I believe the m22's your looking at are bookshelf speakers, in which case I,too, would recommend a sub. I had a set-up of 4 bksf's &amp; a center for a short time and,trust me, once I added a sub I couldn't believe I ever did w/o one. For an office or bedroom you may do w/o,but if this is your primary system you'll want/need it.</font>

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Keith
Check out &quot;speaker face off 3&quot; on the front page for a review of the m22ti</font>

K

Keith_t4e

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>thank you so much for the feedback. &nbsp;I listened to Klipchse today-----a pair of bookshelfs and a subwoofer. &nbsp;man they sounded pretty good.</font>

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>keith
just to let you know bestbuy.com has the jbl s36 on sale for $199.99 for a pair down from $399.99</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis