Bookshelf Speakers Recommendation $1200

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
I know you guys have seen these post before, but I am looking for a dimension specific bookshelf speakers. I'm looking for bookshelves that are no deeper than 9 inches. I am trying to persuade my brother in law from the def techs xtr50's to bookshelves, but this is his only stipulation (aside from cost). Thanks in advance

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
My usual suspects around that price: PSB Imagine B, Monitor Audio Silver 2's, Ascend Sierra 1 NrT, Focal Chorus 706 etc. are all too deep. :(

The most highly thought of speaker I can find without going to a 4.5" woofer (PSB Imagine mini) is the NHT Classic Two ($660/pr). They are 8.875" deep! Perhaps importantly, they are an acoustic suspension (sealed) design, so in theory they have every chance of working well in "tight" situations. Their disadvantage/trade-off though, is their sensitivity is lower than average for a 6.5" 2-way. Still, a very good option, and keenly priced.

Good luck! :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
For $300 the ascend htm200se's would be very hard to beat... I also like the psb mini's, but they cost much more...

I have 2 pairs of the 200se's, one for surround duty in my ht and the other in a 2.1 system paired with custom dual 10" subwoofer{800w, its a carver designed sub}, the 2.1 system has 400watt amp pushing them and they sound incredible, nice tight clear sound, and they get loud in a hurry...

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for all the recommendation. I will tell him about all mentioned above. I'm curious on how the ascend compare to the nht, being thinner and less expensive. Of course the Salk is pushing it, as far as cost and dimension. Any input on the ascend vs the nht bookshelf?

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Oh wow, i didnt see this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis