bookshelf & center placement

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>does it make sense to put 2 bookshelf speakers and 1 center channel speaker all right next to each other. &nbsp;i do not have space for floorstanding but i want max sound. &nbsp;i also have limited space as well. &nbsp;i do have room to do 2 bookshelf speakers and a center speaker. &nbsp;i do not have surround speakers either.</font>

<font color='#000000'>Sounds a little cramped to me. Could you describe the situation a little more (room width, furniture, etc)?</font>

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>i have a built-in wall unit with a space big enough for 2 bookshelf speakers and a center channel. &nbsp;doing this will leave all but an 1 inch between speakers. &nbsp;the reason i am doing this is because the height of the opnening is small which will only allow for a small &lt;7&quot; tall (on its side) bookshelf speaker. &nbsp;i thought to add the center channel to give me more sound.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
you can put 3 speakers in close proximity but even a
small speakers with a narrow dispersion patterns will not be
effective in this configuration. For a decent sounding Hometheater system you need to have seperation between the speakers for high quality pans. My advice if you are cramped for room on either side of the TV monitor  or
for aesthetic purpouse  use 2 inwalls up front  or
3 Speakercraft AIM series  inceiling speakers you will be
alot better off this way and they will blend seemlessly into you decor
Cheers Ray</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis