T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
You can’t ask for more than a long and productive life surrounded by a loving family and friends. They say you can’t have it all. But, Bob Newhart seems to have pulled it off. Rest in Peace.
IMG_4862.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
RIP Bob, a face that could make one laugh with expressions alone, I think he learned it from the master, Red Skelton.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My mom and her parents were long time Oak Park residents (me too but only 10 years), and mom was somewhat close in age but don't think she ever actually met him, but she adored him. Easily understood once I started paying attention to his comedy on her recommendation, one of the best. He will be missed.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Even just on radio he was very funny. Last night I played his driving instructor episode. I have always found that really hilarious.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Bob was known for putting out some of the best comic monologues. I remember the one where he visits a friend who has a big dog, and he's afraid of him. That was really hilarious.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
RIP Mr. Newhart. The final show of Newhart when he woke up in bed next to his wife Emily from his former show was an all-time great. Once again RIP sir. You made us laugh and I know that was important to you. Thanks :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
In 1962 Bob Newhart was in a movie, Hell is for Heros, a typical war movie from the 60s where the Germans were both formidable enemies but were easily fooled. In the movie, a small squad of American GIs got stranded in a vulnerable spot where they were outnumbered by Germans.

"Bob Newhart, as Sgt Driscoll, masterfully uses his telephone routine with this improvised dialog, a misleading radio message meant to fool the Germans, who are listening through a hidden microphone in their cave. Driscoll hopes to convince the eavesdropping Germans that his outnumbered squad is much stronger than they are."

Worth a watch

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Wow! I completely forgot about him. Wife and I remember him most doing the Bob Newhart Show. Before that, some parts of an album of his, would be on the radio. Red Skelton is another Genius, in my mind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis