Bluray/CD player recommendation

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Need to buy a Bluray/CD player for my home theatre. Any recommendations on the best value with nice CD audio features too? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What constitutes nice CD audio features? What's your budget?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Apparently no one uses Bluray players. :D

I bought a Samsung QLED and have an old Samgsung Blu-ray from pre-4K times. Thought a 4K player might be an improvement but prices are all over the map. Anyone using the Panasonic 420 or 820 models for 4K?

Is it worth upgrading to a 4K player? The old Blu-ray player still looks pretty good on the QLED.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have four, only one is 4k but I'm still using 1080p displays, no real plans for changing that out any time soon. I used to have a Samsung bluray player, but that turned out to be the least reliable and had to take it out of service due several issues. I have three somewhat older Sonys and an Oppo 203 (4k but not why I got it). I read nice things about the Sony 700/800 generally (altho some complaints about slowness on the 800). The Panasonic models also generally get good mentions.

Still curious about what constitutes nice cd features (and all my bluray players are my cd players, and they all do SACD too).

ps You could look thru various comments on the subject here on AH with a search like this https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=what+bluray+player+site:audioholics.com&atb=v136-1&ia=web

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I have Sony’s UBP-X700 has a hi-res audio can do SACD also I’ve had good service with it been using it since October of last year.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis